1.6 dig-t 160 clutch judder

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

It's not uncommon to have clutch issues with a newish car... I had a Honda CRV from new quite some time ago and the clutch was slipping after about 14k miles. Honda replaced the clutch at no cost to myself as it was warped, but there was always the worry that Honda would blame me for using the clutch incorrectly and try to bill me for the replacement. This is one of the reasons why I will always look for an automatic, although in the QQ's case l hated the auto and the manual Tekna AWD I purchased was too much of a bargain not to be missed.

northernbeat wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:21 am my 1.5 diesel 66 plate suffers from exactly the same symptoms and has from I bought the car with 7000 miles on the clock. Now has 21000. Going in next week for clutch removal and diagnosis. I think it is disgraceful that cars of this age/mileage should suffer from this problem.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

My father had a new clutch in his Peugeot 205 at 9k miles - "wear and tear"!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

Well they've said they couldn't find an issue with it so must be just the way it is, if the revs drop a bit when you pull away it still does it until warmed up although not lots I guess. Must just be I need to get used to a different car and give it more revs. Used to a focus st with 350lbft of torque tbf...!
carlgoss

Post by carlgoss »

You need the techie to take it for a twenty minute drive. He'll be able to hear its wrong if he can't feel it. It sounds exactly the same problem as my 1.5 Tekna, the dual mass flywheel. Replaced under warranty... just! 2K job so worth pushing them!
15 plate DCI 110 1.5 Diesel Tekna Nightshade
RVW

Post by RVW »

Think you are being fobbed off! Mine used to judder when cold and as soon as you had done a few hundred yards it stopped doing it. Nothing to do with how many revs you use. It’s the dual mass flywheel that is at fault. You need to either keep pestering them, take it to another dealer or write a stiff complaint to Nissan customer services. My dealer did not argue at all. They told me it was a faulty flywheel and changed it all. Clutch,flywheel and release bearing.
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
Deleted User 3871

I am 100% with RVW. Its common for a spring or two in the DMF to be broken that causes the judder feeling, these things don't ever get better on there own.
RVW wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm Think you are being fobbed off! Mine used to judder when cold and as soon as you had done a few hundred yards it stopped doing it. Nothing to do with how many revs you use. It’s the dual mass flywheel that is at fault. You need to either keep pestering them, take it to another dealer or write a stiff complaint to Nissan customer services. My dealer did not argue at all. They told me it was a faulty flywheel and changed it all. Clutch,flywheel and release bearing.
northernbeat

Post by northernbeat »

Interested to know if sbrace06 was charged for the labour involved seeing as no fault was found. My 1.5 diesel was booked in to dealership yesterday (150 mile drive) to have clutch judder investigated under guarantee but was told that there would be a labour charge of £6-700 if they could not find a fault or if it was deemed to be wear and tear. Parts would be charged on top of this. The car has 21000 miles and has had the judder since I bought it with 7000 miles on the clock. Their mechanic had previously driven the car and agreed there was clutch judder, possibly caused by a faulty flywheel, but made no mention of labour charges. I think this is sharp practice designed to put the customer off, as once the car has had the gearbox removed I would has no option but to pay whatever charge the dealer imposed so as to get the car back on the road again. I left without any work being done. The car is an ex-rental, a thing I was not told about by the same dealership at the time of purchase, but that's another story.
RVW

Post by RVW »

I was told that there could be a labour charge if no fault was found. My reply to that was “ I said there was clutch judder when cold and your reply was we will need to have the car in to remove gearbox to check.” I did not ask you to remove the gearbox that was your suggestion and any cost is down to the dealer as it’s a warranty enquiry. I got a shrug of the shoulder. But they did change everything under warranty
J11-2016 QashQai Tekna 1.5dci Magnetic Red
sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

No they didn't charge to check it
Deleted User 3871

sbrace, I'm assuming the check in this case was to drive the car around the block?
sbrace06 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:01 pm No they didn't charge to check it