Manual Gearbox only reverse gear and 5th?. Unable to drive

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Joelene
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Manual Gearbox only reverse gear and 5th?. Unable to drive

Post by Joelene » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:34 am

Hi, this morning suddenly my manual Gearbox only has reverse gear and 5th. I have never had a problem. It just won't go into any other gear. Baffled and stranded. Please assist. Clutch fine

Daewar

Re: Manual Gearbox only reverse gear and 5th?. Unable to drive

Post by Daewar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Hi Joelene,

You could open up the bonnet & take a look where the gear change leaver mechanism enters the gearbox & look for obstructions. If your mechanically minded you could try disconnect the gear input linkage & identify if its the gear selector or the gear box at fault.

Other than that, you will probably have to take it to the garage.
Joelene wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:34 am
Hi, this morning suddenly my manual Gearbox only has reverse gear and 5th. I have never had a problem. It just won't go into any other gear. Baffled and stranded. Please assist. Clutch fine
J11A 2016 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

Joelene
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Joelene » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you Daewar, changing the high heels for safety boots. Will let you know if I managed to find the fault.

mgicr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mgicr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi Joelene. Did you find the cause of the problem? I have currently similar issue on my QQs qearbox. Except in my case first, fourth and a fifth gears work. No reverse or neutral. The 1st gear is in where neutral used to be 🙄 I did take QQ to one garage and they said the problem is not broken transmission wire. Nothing else they couldn’t be sure of. So, I wonder did your gearbox problem ever solved? I hope it did 👍 Could you update it here?

Return to “Engine & Drivetrain”