Manual Gearbox only reverse gear and 5th?. Unable to drive

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Joelene
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Joelene »

Hi, this morning suddenly my manual Gearbox only has reverse gear and 5th. I have never had a problem. It just won't go into any other gear. Baffled and stranded. Please assist. Clutch fine

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Joelene,

You could open up the bonnet & take a look where the gear change leaver mechanism enters the gearbox & look for obstructions. If your mechanically minded you could try disconnect the gear input linkage & identify if its the gear selector or the gear box at fault.

Other than that, you will probably have to take it to the garage.
Joelene wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:34 am Hi, this morning suddenly my manual Gearbox only has reverse gear and 5th. I have never had a problem. It just won't go into any other gear. Baffled and stranded. Please assist. Clutch fine
Joelene
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Joelene »

Thank you Daewar, changing the high heels for safety boots. Will let you know if I managed to find the fault.
mgicr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mgicr »

Hi Joelene. Did you find the cause of the problem? I have currently similar issue on my QQs qearbox. Except in my case first, fourth and a fifth gears work. No reverse or neutral. The 1st gear is in where neutral used to be 🙄 I did take QQ to one garage and they said the problem is not broken transmission wire. Nothing else they couldn’t be sure of. So, I wonder did your gearbox problem ever solved? I hope it did 👍 Could you update it here?
mgicr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mgicr »

Update to my problem: Just got mine QQ fixed. The gear box was ‘stuck’ but it was fairly easy to repair at the garage. Repairer didn’t have to unattach or open the gear box. He managed fix the situation through the canal where gear stick is or something. :D