Adblue issues

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Noddy1875
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Noddy1875 »

alans220 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:25 pm Maybe I shouldn't say this but so far 1090 miles no problems/warnings.

It's all new to me, is it ok to just top up the adblue when I like, say 2 litres every time I clock up a 1000 miles, or
do I have to wait for the system to ask me to top-up?
In my experience, it's like fuel. You put in what you want, when you want to.
Pearl Black 65 reg Tekna. 1.5 DCI

luckilucki
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by luckilucki »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have a big problem.....

Same thing happened to me . Got brand new quashqai n connecta diesel in October . Within 5 days I had the same problem as you . Topped up with adblue but it was already full etc, all the warning lights on and warning me only x amount of miles left as adblue was low etc .
Took it to dealers who said they fixed it , 130 miles later same thing happened and it’s been in the dealership since . So since Oct 18 to end if Dec 18 I have driven my car for 9 days in total.

Now here’s the thing, Nissan don’t know how to fix the problem . They rushed the new adblue technology through without making sure it worked properly . At the moment they have no known fix for this problem so your car is useless. If you carry on driving it the adblue mileage will count down and out you in limp mode.

Nissan don’t seem under any hurry to come up with a bug fix as it’s not happened to every car .
I am in the process of rejecting mine
luckilucki

Post by luckilucki »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have a big problem.....

Same thing happened to me . Got brand new quashqai n connecta diesel in October . Within 5 days I had the same problem as you . Topped up with adblue but it was already full etc, all the warning lights on and warning me only x amount of miles left as adblue was low etc .
Took it to dealers who said they fixed it , 130 miles later same thing happened and it’s been in the dealership since . So since Oct 18 to end if Dec 18 I have driven my car for 9 days in total.

Now here’s the thing, Nissan don’t know how to fix the problem . They rushed the new adblue technology through without making sure it worked properly . At the moment they have no known fix for this problem so your car is useless. If you carry on driving it the adblue mileage will count down and out you in limp mode.

Nissan don’t seem under any hurry to come up with a bug fix as it’s not happened to every car .
I am in the process of rejecting mine
tiagoPedro

Post by tiagoPedro »

Thanks for the input lucki!

Today i got a call from nissan telling me my car was ready. Apparently, after production, there was an update that should have been done to all cars but most of them didnt get it. Nissan issued the update to the shop where my car was and they got it into the car (their words). I'm sure this is what happened with you and it probably didnt solve anything. It will most likely happen to me aswell. God damn it!

Idk how is it possible that we're almost in 2019 and there are so much critical failures and errors like this. We have all these sofisticated sensors, fatigue tests, quality control and whatnot, just to witness the complete joke of a 27k car turning useless 2 days after purchase.

I'm not going to lie. I love driving that car. But i'm not sure i'm going to keep it if this problems persists. One of the reasons i bought a new one was to not having to worry about maintenance and problems.

You're going to reject yours? How are you going to procced? I probably dont have the grounds yet to persue that route.. or do i?

Cheers!
luckilucki

Post by luckilucki »

Fingers crossed for you - hope yours is fixed .

No news on the update for mine yet although I would think that they would push it through as I am driving a courtesy car from Nissan directly ( it’s a brand new x trail and no problems with that ) . I actually love my quashqai and would rather have the bug fixed than reject it but no one seems to be pulling their finger out over here.

When they ‘fixed’ mine the first time and it went wrong again after 130 miles it really dented my confidence in the car . Even if they fixed it now I would be scared to undertake a long journey in case it happened again

Mines a company car so the rejection descision is out of my hands now as as far as my company are concerned , they have paid for a car which has been off the road for over 2 months .

Still hopeful it can be fixed before 4 Jan 👌
laura1182

Post by laura1182 »

Ive got a new 2018 qashqai and having ad blue problems. My car is on a 3 year lease hire. Ad Blue warning came on, went off and came on again and stayed on. Filled it with ad blue and it went off. Within another 150 miles it came back on, off, on and is currently off. Ive rang my local dealership and they can't book me in until 21st Jan. I could drop my car to them and leave it for 72 hours to diagnose but I have no other car in my household and a 80 mile round trip commute to work. On the 21st jan I can get a courtesy car. Hope its last 3 weeks. My warning has come on when I've been on longer journeys - about 50 miles in and I'm driving economically getting an average of 64mpg at the moment. Its done nearly 2000 miles now. No idea if there is a link there. Again the reasonI got a new car is so its reliable - rapidly losing . trust in it already.
tiagoPedro

Post by tiagoPedro »

I too am experiencing a lack of trust in my qashqai aswell, but so far no error (fingers crossed).

I sure do hope everything sorts out with yours. If not, maybe you've got some margin to bargain..
luckilucki

Post by luckilucki »

Spoke to Nissan head office last week to see if the bug fix for the adblue has been sorted and no it hasn’t. So whatever your local dealer says about your car being fixed is wrong, it will happen again. They told me they are still trying to find an answer to the software bug and it it’s a while off.
My car has now been in the local dealers for two months and last week I officially rejected it .

Good luck all - you May need to be patient for quite a while longer
electricpeak

Post by electricpeak »

Acquired a new Qashqai Tekna + on 5th December. Fine until this morning when it wouldn't start. Couldn't recognise the key and came up with low ad blue warning although only done 1200 miles. sounds identical to other people's problems. Awaiting Nissan roadside assistance as I post this. not happy if this is going to be a recurring problem. just outside the 30 day period for rejecting the vehicle.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

You can still reject the car - eventually - check out https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/:

The Consumer Rights Act allows for two options:

Your short-term right to reject, which lasts for 30 days after taking delivery of your car
Your final right to reject, which covers you for six months from purchase

Short-term right to reject – the first 30 days

If your new or used car has a significant fault that was present when you bought it (as opposed to developing afterwards), you can reject the car within the first 30 days and get a full refund.

You do not have to accept a repair or replacement vehicle (although you can if you want to).

If you have part-exchanged your previous car on the new one, you will not get it back. Instead, you will be entitled to the full invoice price of the car (including road tax, VAT, etc).

You are entitled to a full refund by the same method in which you paid for the car. The dealer cannot charge for usage, wear and tear, collection of the vehicle or anything else.

It is the dealer’s obligation to collect the vehicle, unless your sales contract includes a clause obliging you to return the car. You only have to make sure the car is available to collect.

Be reasonable about this and work with the dealer if you want to get your money back with minimal fuss. Make their lives difficult and you can be sure they will return the favour…

Final right to reject – the first six months

If you have had the car for more than 30 days but less than six months, you have to give the selling dealer one attempt to fix the fault before moving to reject the vehicle. If the repair has not fixed the fault, you can reject the vehicle.

If you part-exchanged your old car on the new one, you will not get it back. Instead, you will get a cash value for the new car. However, unlike the short-term right to reject, it may not be the full value.

In this instance, the dealer is able to claim a reduction in the value of the vehicle. This is based on the mileage covered and time elapsed. There is no guidance on how much they can charge you, so be prepared to negotiate this with the dealer. If it goes to court, the judge will decide.

As above, it is the dealer’s obligation to collect the vehicle under the Act. You cannot be charged for return costs or be forced to return the vehicle yourself.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)