J11 glow plug issue

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Bigdan
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Bigdan »

Hi everyone I purchased a 2014 1.5 diesel qashqai in November last year its been fine until recently when first starting in the morning really struggles to start then revs list like crazy till it gets warm.
I bought a code reader off ebay got a code p0380 glow plug circuit A. I cleared the code and it just came back again.
Where should I start do I change the relay first is it just one relay?
Also where is it/they located
And should I change the glow plugs as well and how difficult is this should I have this done at a garage.
Thanks in advance
Danny

Gary27

Post by Gary27 »

OK, think I can help with this one. Most likely to be plugs. No names £20 a set on Ebay. Bosch £35-40. I recommend Bosch. Dead easy to change. I am not a mechanic but not scared of getting my hands dirty. Warm engine up. Locate turbo pipe that goes over the top of the engine. Follow it back almost to the bulkhead. You will see a clip which joins the two. Use a flathead screw driver to ease the clip up, it does not come out (mine doesn't anyway). Pull the 2 sections apart. Undo any bolts necessary to allow you to manoeuvre it out of the way. This will expose a plastic cover. 2 clips and 2 bolts and that's sorted. You will now be able to see the glow plugs and injectors. You know how the rest goes. You will need a deep 10mm socket. Just take it easy with the wrench. Hope this helps you, it really is easy. I had the same errors as you and this sorted mine. Incidentally if you want to change the relay (unlikely) it's under the wheel arch cover on the nearside front (UK car). Good luck.
Mclark73

Post by Mclark73 »

Hi I think I have similar problem with car struggling to start first time in morning and been at garage recently for service, they said fault showed on computer regards glow relay. Can anyone please tell me location where to find this relay on 64 plate accenta premium 1.5 diesel.
Thanks in advance
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)