Chassis control system fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
-JT-
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Re: Chassis control system fault

Post by -JT- » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:23 pm

My problem was the ABS module that needed replacing. Does not sound like that is your issue but who knows.

Haddocks1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Haddocks1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:15 pm

I would be very interested if a new engine basket permanently resolved the issue as they are pretty expensive. I have a similar problem with 2015 Qashqui.

The car starts quite normally and then 100 yards down the road the red engine light comes on and the on/off starts flashing. The red engine light does not flash. The orange engine light appears to be permanently on. However, as soon as the red engine light comes on then another warning light flashes on - chassis which is then followed by the front emergency breaking warning. The car has been into have the particulate diesel filter changed as they thought this was the problem due to insufficient heat to burn the fuel and filter being clogged. However, this has not made a difference but it was worth getting it down. I have since discovered quite by accident, that when the red engine light goes off after a period of time - sometimes its 5 minutes and other times its 15 minutes, if I stop the car and restart all of the lights have gone - no red engine light, no on/off flashing, no chassis warning light and no emergency breaking light!!!
Any answers, anybody???

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)

Post by calnorth » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:19 am

Too difficult to speculate but the Chassis error means the electronics cannot control vehicle stability. No doubt error codes (DTCs) are present which need to be checked.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–present)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta