Chassis control system fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
-JT-
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by -JT- »

My problem was the ABS module that needed replacing. Does not sound like that is your issue but who knows.

Haddocks1

Post by Haddocks1 »

I would be very interested if a new engine basket permanently resolved the issue as they are pretty expensive. I have a similar problem with 2015 Qashqui.

The car starts quite normally and then 100 yards down the road the red engine light comes on and the on/off starts flashing. The red engine light does not flash. The orange engine light appears to be permanently on. However, as soon as the red engine light comes on then another warning light flashes on - chassis which is then followed by the front emergency breaking warning. The car has been into have the particulate diesel filter changed as they thought this was the problem due to insufficient heat to burn the fuel and filter being clogged. However, this has not made a difference but it was worth getting it down. I have since discovered quite by accident, that when the red engine light goes off after a period of time - sometimes its 5 minutes and other times its 15 minutes, if I stop the car and restart all of the lights have gone - no red engine light, no on/off flashing, no chassis warning light and no emergency breaking light!!!
Any answers, anybody???
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Too difficult to speculate but the Chassis error means the electronics cannot control vehicle stability. No doubt error codes (DTCs) are present which need to be checked.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
derbyshireQashqai

Post by derbyshireQashqai »

looked at this great forum many times over last couple of years so thought I'd add my 10p worth to hopefully help out...

Had the same problem with dashboard lit up "like Christmas Tree!" - all driver aids giving fault and no monitoring of driver side rear tyre pressure...however car drove fine...checked battery - all ok...plugged in my cheap code scanner and no recorded faults shown...thats where I bail out and took it to my fantastic local indy garage man...plugged in his 'proper' computer (snap-on tablet) and immediately diagnosed driver side rear ABS fault...had to order a whole new hub as ABS integral and cost £220 fitted...really pleased - all lights off and working perfectly...So in my case it was ABS fault and can only think when that happens it shuts down all driver aids etc...thank god for my local indy garage man - god knows what Nissan would have charged!...must admit I am bit disappointed with reliabilty of Qashqai as this is my third relatively 'large' fault in as many years and only 36000 miles on clock...cheers (Nissan Qashqai Techna 2015 J11 1.6 Diesel Automatic)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

derbyshireQashqai wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:07 am looked at this great forum many times over last couple of years so thought I'd add my 10p worth to hopefully help out...

Had the same problem with dashboard lit up "like Christmas Tree!" - all driver aids giving fault and no monitoring of driver side rear tyre pressure...however car drove fine...checked battery - all ok...plugged in my cheap code scanner and no recorded faults shown...thats where I bail out and took it to my fantastic local indy garage man...plugged in his 'proper' computer (snap-on tablet) and immediately diagnosed driver side rear ABS fault...had to order a whole new hub as ABS integral and cost £220 fitted...really pleased - all lights off and working perfectly...So in my case it was ABS fault and can only think when that happens it shuts down all driver aids etc...thank god for my local indy garage man - god knows what Nissan would have charged!...must admit I am bit disappointed with reliabilty of Qashqai as this is my third relatively 'large' fault in as many years and only 36000 miles on clock...cheers (Nissan Qashqai Techna 2015 J11 1.6 Diesel Automatic)

It'll suddenly become an MOT fail really..safety problem. And cause the ECU to disable BCM functions and light the dash up.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Ste451

Post by Ste451 »

I had the issue discussed here, red and amber management lights and chassis control /stop start fault etc.
In my case it was the exhaust pressure sensor valve , I paid 20 quid for a cheap code reader and 4 quid for a brake cable and cleared the blockage in the tube as mentioned by several other posters , I followed the video on you tube
The key to the task is it takes perseverance and time , I also sprayed some WD40 down the pipe to clear it , after a couple of hours of trying the tube started blowing out high pressure , reassembled everything and cleared the codes and it's all sorted.
Faitht
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Faitht »

Chassis control system fault on a Nissan Qashqai petrol, any suggestion on what maybe the cause?
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

May I suggest you read this topic?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Faitht
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Faitht »

Which topic?
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

This one that you've posted in
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)