Chassis control system fault

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
stu181
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by stu181 »

Started having thr same issue. Chassis control system flashes up thr stop start fails. At first after drinking for 5 mins the stop start would work ok and a quick restart errors would clear.

Last week both errors where ever 5 mins.

Garage checked it and said battery was only 10% got a new battery but straight away errors still happen.

Took car for a 50 min drive on way home no issues at all for 30 mins. Got stuck in traffic and stop/start kicked in 4 times then errors started again straight away.

Looked on QQ system menu and battery on stop was 12.47 volt and engine started it was 14.44 volts.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

The battery figures are good and should not drop below approx 11.5v in my experience. Values are almost the same as mine with a FIAMM EFB battery of 24 months old.

Try it again for a 30-50 min drive with Stop/Start disabled. I don't think that will improve things....but try it.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Lmcc305

Post by Lmcc305 »

Hi all

Has anyone had any resolution to this issue yet?

I’m also experiencing the same - car went in for cam belt and aux belt change at dealership and a few days later I get the chassis control fault, engine warning lights and start stop fail. I noticed as soon as I got the car back there was a fuel smell but assumed it was workmen’s boots or something. The car was with them for 5 days for that work (they ordered the wrong part!) but I asked them to charge the battery in case (have already had the battery replaced a few years a go and RAC out multiple times due to non start). I got the RAC out to see what these error codes meant and they found multiple faults from diagnostics including camera which was the only one RAC couldn’t clear. Taken to dealership and they said that they couldn’t find issue except a dodgy clamp between turbo and dpf which was causing a fuel smell (wasn’t there before I took it in for cam belt change although they say unrelated to the work or fault codes). I complained and they cleaned the clamp and said it no longer needed replacing - they also said there was a fuel pipe blocked which they cleaned/replaced - all done for free. They took it for an 18 mile test drive which seemed to have cleared the error codes. 4 days after collecting it - error codes have arrived again! Some of the blind spot/collision control things seems to be failing too. I will call the garage again tomorrow since they are closed today but getting really annoyed now! This seems to be a common issue with this car but no one seems to be clear about what the problem is or how to fix it. I don’t want to spend hundreds of pounds trying things if it’s not the cause! I’m going to get a battery charger today to see if that’s the problem but not holding out much hope...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Sounds like a Battery and/or its management system problem. Electronics is very voltage level sensitive. Charge the battery disconnected from the car for 8 hours and then let it stand for a further 24 hours...if you can? Do you have a voltmeter/multimeter to measure the Battery terminal voltage. After charging a good battery should not fall below 12.5v for over 6 months or more...standalone.

The camera error probably calls for calibration by Nissan specific tools. The RAC man doesn't have a tool capable of conducting that process so not able to clear the error.

You can check the battery status here...on car. Get to System State

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Stewlufc

Post by Stewlufc »

Hi All,

My wives car has just started with this issue? Did anyone find a solution? Really cannot afford to take it to Nissan for them to charge me a lot of money to tell me they cannot find a problem?? Thanks all.
Carphone

Post by Carphone »

Mine is going into an auto electrician on Tuesday ! Will report back if they figure it out. I have my doubts this will be easy for them!
Qashray

Post by Qashray »

I've got exact same issue, start/stop failure, chassis control system fault, front radar stopped, engine management light on. Parked up at home after 3 hour drive back and now it won't start? Battery seems okay, all lights etc working, depress clutch and push button....nothing. Has anyone a solution with exception of the supposed loom issue?
Qashray

Post by Qashray »

Carphone wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:57 pm Mine is going into an auto electrician on Tuesday ! Will report back if they figure it out. I have my doubts this will be easy for them!
Any joy??
Carphone

Post by Carphone »

Yes - fixed! I collect it tomorrow so will post exact details then. Apparently a dodgy sensor and blocked pipe near the turbo. They replaced both!

I was expecting it to be more hassle diagnosing it so very please. I think the total bill is around £250
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Carphone - a belated welcome to this forum.

Thanks for advising - perhaps you could say exactly which sensor?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)