Injector programming - 2012 1.5 dCi

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
pablocullen
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by pablocullen »

Hey

I have a 2012 1.5 dCi which needs a bunch of engine work done. Needs a new timing belt, glow plugs and an injector replacement.

I reckon this is easily 700 quids worth from a garage so i'm considering tackling it myself (already done a DPF replacement and replaced gearbox).

My only concern is programming the injector. I have gotten a reconned one from Germany. What is involved in programming these in? From what i can see its copying over some codes from old injector to new, what tool could i buy to do this? Im thinking it may be worth the investment as this car is a complete lemon and will likely need more programming type work in the future.

Thanks!

P

humbos
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by humbos »

Yes I believe the hexadecimal code ii assigned to the ecu and it will need copying to the injector which will require garage grade equipment. The car will still run with the new injector but the code just fine tunes it.
2018 j11b Tekna 1.5dci in storm white.
All standard apart from Transend dashcam.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

There is no way the injector has a microprocessor. This link will give you an idea of what is expected.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/r/car ... -injectors
humbos wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 pm Yes I believe the hexadecimal code ii assigned to the ecu and it will need copying to the injector which will require garage grade equipment. The car will still run with the new injector but the code just fine tunes it.
Territorial_
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Territorial_ »

i have 1.6 dCi i can read injector ID:s with my programming tool(foxwell nt650). I can also apply new injector ID:s to ecu.
Deleted User 3871

You're probably reading the injector setting in the ECU of the car, not the injector. But hey, I could be wrong.
Territorial_ wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:33 pm i have 1.6 dCi i can read injector ID:s with my programming tool(foxwell nt650). I can also apply new injector ID:s to ecu.
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

no no,, each injector made has different tolerances so 1 injector may need slightly longer to inject a certain amount of fuel so what injector manufacturers do is apply a code to each injector made which corrosponds to the tolerances

so that code needs to be entered into the ecu so that the ecu knows that say for instance to inject 4g of fuel it needs to opened say 2.3ms ,, thats not exact numbers there its just an example so tuat you get the idea some injectors will need to be activated longer to inject the same amount of fuel or even shorter to inject the same amount of fuel.

so you need to enter the code into the ecu im the right cylinder bare in mind the 1.5 dci (k9k) cylinder 1 starts from the flywheel end.

if you fail to enter the code then you could potentially start produced more soot and your dpf will be getting full and need to carry out its regeneration more often which in turn will degrade your oil quicker and so on...
Deleted User 3871

Lewis,

I think this is what I said but in a lot fewer words.
lewisbryant wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:39 am no no,, each injector made has different tolerances so 1 injector may need slightly longer to inject a certain amount of fuel so what injector manufacturers do is apply a code to each injector made which corrosponds to the tolerances

so that code needs to be entered into the ecu so that the ecu knows that say for instance to inject 4g of fuel it needs to opened say 2.3ms ,, thats not exact numbers there its just an example so tuat you get the idea some injectors will need to be activated longer to inject the same amount of fuel or even shorter to inject the same amount of fuel.

so you need to enter the code into the ecu im the right cylinder bare in mind the 1.5 dci (k9k) cylinder 1 starts from the flywheel end.

if you fail to enter the code then you could potentially start produced more soot and your dpf will be getting full and need to carry out its regeneration more often which in turn will degrade your oil quicker and so on...
duncho

Post by duncho »

Lewisbryant explained this very well, I only add that injector code is engraved on its body. You need to write it down and code ECU using Nissan Consult III Plus or any other suitable software.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Nyko
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nyko »

Hi,
I reopen this subject because I now need to program my three new injectors in the ECU. Which tool have you used successfully? (Same car 2012/K9K 1.5dCi 110hp)

I had purchased an Icarsoft cr pro for this purpose but it turned out this tool does not work well, at least for my Qashqai.

Thanks,
Nico
Nyko
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nyko »

Hi,

Replying to myself, but I found a car dealer who managed to program the injectors using Autocom, a Swedish tool which looks a lot like Delphi's. (So maybe it's just branding...) In my case, the dealership did it for 850 sek-72 gdp.
On Youtube, I saw people using Delphi for that purpose too. And of course, Nissan Consult.

However, my car still has a rather rough/uneven/vibrating idle (especially at 1500 rpm when cold, at 2000 rpm when warm) + high knocking noise during acceleration phases when warm (1500rpm and more, all gears). For this last part, the knocking becomes very noticeable as the engine warms up. (No DTC)

Do you guys think it is normal ("the parts/ECU will learn, drive a bit") or do you rathe think just programming the injectors is not enough, and there is more than this (reset, etc.)

Thanks.

Nico