Help please... twitch in steering

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Jacjac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Jacjac »

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum and I’m really hoping you can help. I’ve got a 2011 J10 which I’ve had for 5 years. It’s been off the road for a year as the turbo went. I’ve had the turbo replaced and last week the offside handbrake cable and offside front wishbone replaced. It then went through it’s mot on Friday no issues, no advisories. Now for the problems and I’m not sure if they are related but I’m at my wits end...

It’s a struggle to get it into reverse, it’s as if something is physically blocking it but after a wiggle it will eventually go in. All other gears are fine and once in reverse it’s fine it’s just getting it in.

Second problem is whenever I put my foot on or off the accelerator the car twitches to the side. It is a vicious jerk in either direction but is fine under constant acceleration until I get to about 65mph then it will twitch again and the same at 70mph. There is no play in the wheels or the drive shafts.

I’ve searched the internet but I can’t seem to find any help and the only similar situation was a wobbly driveshaft.

Please help, I’m starting to feel my QQ hates me 😞