ECU Problem / Ground Problem??

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Haiderali123
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Haiderali123 »

Hi all,

Had a new tailgate fitted on my QQ 1.5dci Acenta J10. Long story cut short, the parking sensors stopped working after the boot change. I checked under the tailgate for any loose/unplugged wires and there were 2 wires that were connected to the reverse light. Both these were naked and I accidently touched them together whilst the car ignition was on and in reverse so I could hear if the parking sensors came on or not. Anyway, after that the car refused to start. The clusters would shake as though the negative terminal on the battery is loose/weak and not start at all. I then checked all the fuses under the glovebox and all were fine. Then went onto checking the top fuse box under the bonnet. All fuses were fine apart from F54 (Reversing lamps). I then replaced the fuse for it and the Engine has now started to fire up. However, still having an issue with the cluster shaking around and an issue with the OBD port (can't connect through it). There is no signal and my device isn't lighting up either. Had the RAC come out to have a look and the chap pointed towards the ECU. He tried manually grounding the chassis from the negative on the battery but still no luck. Car drives fine but the clusters shake when ignition is on and freeze in their position when I turn the car off. Any help would be VERY VERY much appreciated guys. Family car so need it back on the road ASAP.

Russellthekiwi
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Russellthekiwi »

did you fix it? silly question, but did you try using just the key in the ignition, any chance the immobilizer was kicking in ... I just had that when I messed with electronics ... the car shut off after only a few seconds ... read a post, so tried with key in ignition and problem cleared.

(wife says I don't know what I'm talking about half the time so just take it as an experiment that won't cost anything to try)
Haiderali123
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Haiderali123 »

Yes it blew a fuse under the hood and that sorted the car not starting issue. Then the cluster shaking was another fuse under the dash middle row