2011 qashqai problems every morning

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
handy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by handy »

Own this car a few years, its a 2011 qashqai+2. Always serviced and never any issues. I got it serviced from another garage a month ago then 2&half weeks ago, it started giving trouble. Every morning when i first started it, it fired up, went to drive a few meters then it cut out! Wouldnt start again, all lights still on, and turning the key but just wouldnt kick in. Threw the jump leads on it and that was it started. After this, it would start no bother all day. It was the same issues every morning after this. Brought it to the same garage that did my service and he said he couldnt find anything and to bring it back again once it happened. Next morning the back brake lights where also coming on after the keys where out after it wouldnt start, brought it back, he mentioned to leave it with him for the night. Next day was told it needed new heater plugs, a new larger battery and a peddle switch for back brake lights. Told him to go ahead and do it. Collected few days later and after payment, was told the light sare still coming on and it might need looked into by a car electrician.

2 days later, went to drive it in the morning and the same thing is happening. Having to start it with the jump leads and is ok again for the rest of the day. Anyone know why a car would start up, soon as i go to drive it cuts out then needing the leads to get it going for the day. I know feel ive just wasted the money on the new heater plugs, battery and switch

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Looks like you need to ask for your money back for the stuff changed as it did not fix the fault.
handy wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:11 am Own this car a few years, its a 2011 qashqai+2. Always serviced and never any issues. I got it serviced from another garage a month ago then 2&half weeks ago, it started giving trouble. Every morning when i first started it, it fired up, went to drive a few meters then it cut out! Wouldnt start again, all lights still on, and turning the key but just wouldnt kick in. Threw the jump leads on it and that was it started. After this, it would start no bother all day. It was the same issues every morning after this. Brought it to the same garage that did my service and he said he couldnt find anything and to bring it back again once it happened. Next morning the back brake lights where also coming on after the keys where out after it wouldnt start, brought it back, he mentioned to leave it with him for the night. Next day was told it needed new heater plugs, a new larger battery and a peddle switch for back brake lights. Told him to go ahead and do it. Collected few days later and after payment, was told the light sare still coming on and it might need looked into by a car electrician.

2 days later, went to drive it in the morning and the same thing is happening. Having to start it with the jump leads and is ok again for the rest of the day. Anyone know why a car would start up, soon as i go to drive it cuts out then needing the leads to get it going for the day. I know feel ive just wasted the money on the new heater plugs, battery and switch
handy
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by handy »

Can I though. Would he not just say they needed doing to get put of it
Bazhawkeye
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Bazhawkeye »

I had a similar problem on my 2011 Tekna cdi
I took it to dealer and it transpired that the electrics were getting some water ingress. Never found out where but after a few dry days it cleared up. The brake lights would come on when the car was parked up. The cruise control started malfunctioning but I didn’t get the engine problems, probably because the battery was still well charged.

I don’t get the lights coming on now, but the rear parking sensors sometimes either stop working or continual bleep when in reverse.

I just live with it!

Bazza
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

With problems as you describe, it could almost be anything. You need to get the fault codes read and see what that says. On my Mercedes, I had the ESP light on, cruise control would not work and an amber engine management light, after codes read, turns out it was the brake switch on the pedal. I could have spent a fortune trying to find the culprit.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

Tar brake lights will work even without the ignition switched on - it’s designed like that
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp