loss of power or self acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
qereshguy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by qereshguy »

HI GUys

I have Nissan Qashqai 2014 1.6 Diesel automatic car. I have few engine warning lights occuring on my dashboard and really confused what is the real problem.

Symptoms:
- Intermittently I see a "system/chassi fault" on the dashboard.
- Whenever this happens initially there is a loss of power, but then when I keep pressing the pedal I see the car accelerates by itself
- I see some various lights that glow when this happens (not all of them glow all the time). I see below lights
- start/stop (flashing)
- red engine light
- orange engine light
- vehicle skid lights
- vehicle two lights

I had this problem like a year ago, esp when I had a long drive to France (and on return this started).
When I went to the Nissan service, they plugged it to some diagnostic tool and it told that two glow plugs need to be replaced, but the problem didn't go away after that. Then they had to replace the acceleration cable and that seemed to have solved the problem.

Now less than a year the same problem is back. I took the car to the dealer, but they are telling me that "throttle pedal assembly unit" needs replacing and they will charge like 550£ for it. Their decision is based on plugging a diagnostic tool and not through inspection. They are not even confirming that this would fix the problem either. I was told that, they need to clear this to investigate further.

I doubt their judgement (based on past experience with them).

Anybody faced this problem and what have you done to fix it. Please advise.