blocked pressure sensor pipe

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mangoblank
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by mangoblank »

Hi all. Hoping somebody on the forum can help.

Around 10 days ago i had my slip and esp lights illuminate at the same time, and shortly after red engine management light and limp mode. Fault was a split air turbo air intake which was swapped out and running smoothly for 3 days.

Then a week ago those first two lights came on again and my mechanic found codes C1130, C1132 which he says indicates a blocked pipe which is used for the exhaust pressure. He said this should be covered as a known fault by Nissan but when i rang them they quoted £179 to change the pipe, but just for an added bit of fun that if their work damaged my engine i'd be charged to repair this too at around £800.

Problem is my mechanic has struggled to get Nissan to play ball with providing the correct part and i'm driving around with these ESP,slip lights on. Engine feels a bit 'lumpy' when its cold or if i push it but otherwise its fine...

My question is do i need to rush getting this fixed before doing any significant driving? Ideally i'd sooner my independent garage do it than Nissan but i need to get around and i don't want to damage the car.

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Why doesn't your mechanic clean the pipe out? Someone here in the forum used wire (think it was brake cable with multiple strands) on an electric drill to clean his out. You could also try Cooker cleaner like Mr Muscle https://www.mrmuscleclean.com/en-gb/pro ... en-cleaner as it's used to break down carbon deposits

GL
mangoblank wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:54 am Hi all. Hoping somebody on the forum can help.

Around 10 days ago i had my slip and esp lights illuminate at the same time, and shortly after red engine management light and limp mode. Fault was a split air turbo air intake which was swapped out and running smoothly for 3 days.

Then a week ago those first two lights came on again and my mechanic found codes C1130, C1132 which he says indicates a blocked pipe which is used for the exhaust pressure. He said this should be covered as a known fault by Nissan but when i rang them they quoted £179 to change the pipe, but just for an added bit of fun that if their work damaged my engine i'd be charged to repair this too at around £800.

Problem is my mechanic has struggled to get Nissan to play ball with providing the correct part and i'm driving around with these ESP,slip lights on. Engine feels a bit 'lumpy' when its cold or if i push it but otherwise its fine...

My question is do i need to rush getting this fixed before doing any significant driving? Ideally i'd sooner my independent garage do it than Nissan but i need to get around and i don't want to damage the car.