1.2 DIG-T high idle when warm

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Dan1983
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dan1983 »

Evening all,
Looking for some advice if possible.
We have just purchased a 2014 1.2 acenta premium.
We have had a few issues sorted under warranty, main one was a leaking condenser causing ac not to work!
The other issue is when the car has been on a good run the revs often stick at 1200-1500 rpm when stationary.
If you blip the throttle they come back down indicating it’s not an air or vacuum leak?.
The car has gone back to Nissan and they cannot find a fault.
I now have 2 options, reject the car or take a discount.
Looking at the inlet other that the ecu the only thing I can see that governs the base idle speed is the electronic throttle body, are these prone to sticking or issues?
The car has covered 42k.
Nissan say no fault as nothing showing on diagnostics but I’m tempted to see what discount I can get taking it with the issue and then replacing the throttle body.
I can’t see any idle speed control valve etc so presume the throttle body controls the idle?

Many thanks for any help

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dan, firstly welcome to the Forum. Although this problem does not seem to have been covered for the 1,2 there was one on the 1,6 Petrol so this might help or guide you - please see attached Dave 🙂

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8314&hilit=Throttle+problem+1%2C2
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dan1983
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dan1983 »

Thank-you for the reply Dave
It’s along the lines that I’m thinking, remove throttle body, clean or replace then to re learn procedure.
It’s just a big gamble as the car has been back to the supplying dealer and Nissan and neither can seem to sort it.
You would like to think Nissan would at least have carried out the re learn (I will find out today)
Just worried if I accept the car with fault at a discount and then can never sort the issue