DPF monitoring app

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Scottyearl
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Scottyearl »

Hello

OK, so I'm guessing loads of people here are cursed with the beloved QQ DPF regen issues.

Has anyone found an app or software to measure the soot level through the odb2 connection?

I've got torque on my phone and this will tell you the fault code and let you clear faults etc but no dpf reporting.

There are a whole batch of android apps that do this for other cars and engines but I can't find anything for Nissan or QQ.

Problem is due to my driving habits I need to keep an eye on the level so I can take it for a good burn off when needed. I've only had it 2 months and the garage have already had it twice for 2 forced regens :(

Kiam

Post by Kiam »

Unfortunately there is no app, however, my research tells me that custom PIDs can be added in CarScanner but i'm struggling to find the QQ PID's. If i find a way of reading the DPF data through an APP i will update this post.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are a good few DPF DTCS (PIDs) that are generated by the ECU based on exhaust system sensing. They should be general across all vehicles.

I don't think anybody has QQ bespoke DTCs...if there are any? And anything of use will be stored in the Nissan CONSULT tool which in itself has the capability to test for DTCs and configure the DPF/ECU to a lawful state after repairs...MOT.

This has a fair amount of info:

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/diesel-particulate-filter-dpf-fap/
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Kiam

Post by Kiam »

Thanks calnorth. This is a really good link you shared, can it be added to a sticky in the forum. Very handy guide for anyone with DPF issues.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Kiam wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:00 pm Thanks calnorth. This is a really good link you shared, can it be added to a sticky in the forum. Very handy guide for anyone with DPF issues.
This site can't do Stickies which would of course help a lot. I suppose a library folder might help but would take some reliable administration.

There is a lot on the web as regards diagnostic codes and not all are much use. Emissions is a tricky area for DIY because it is governed by law.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
duncho

Post by duncho »

Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
parky74

Post by parky74 »

Scottyearl wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm Hello

OK, so I'm guessing loads of people here are cursed with the beloved QQ DPF regen issues.

Has anyone found an app or software to measure the soot level through the odb2 connection?

I've got torque on my phone and this will tell you the fault code and let you clear faults etc but no dpf reporting.

There are a whole batch of android apps that do this for other cars and engines but I can't find anything for Nissan or QQ.

Problem is due to my driving habits I need to keep an eye on the level so I can take it for a good burn off when needed. I've only had it 2 months and the garage have already had it twice for 2 forced regens :(
Scotty, did it display a warning sign on the dash or does it just go into limp mode when it was too late like Toyota's do?
timaaeee
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by timaaeee »

Scottyearl wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:34 pm Hello

see discussion on this page viewtopic.php?p=105251#p105251
I got some data using the codes on here https://baustralianxtrail.runboard.com/t134736