Loss of power 1.6dci 4x4 14 reg

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
stevepump
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by stevepump »

I joined the forum and made my first post to introduce myself just over a week ago having bought a J11 QQ about a month back, I didn't expect to be posting with a problem quite so soon. This afternoon it wasn't accelerating properly on leaving home, thought nothing of it at first, just that it was a bit sluggish - as my previous car (Ford Focus) could be at times (especially on cold mornings). Then on leaving a roundabout after driving for about 2 mins it was barely accelerating at all. 'This ain't right' I thought, just a few meters further on I lost power completely. I got it started a couple of times but it would cut out again after a few seconds. Didn't notice any of the dashboard lights on start-up, thought something about the chassis flashed up before it conked out completely - but at that point a few lights were flashing (I think due to me continuing to get it started). I'm really perplexed - as was the tow truck guy. The QQ is currently spending a night in a local garage before being checked over tomorrow, got there too late for the mechanics to have a proper look at it today, but they speculated that it could be some sort of exhaust issue.

I've had a look through the forum but can't find anything relating to such an issue. I thought I'd post to see if anyone's experienced anything similar and to form a reference point for others in the future.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

If it is exhaust then most likely its caused by O2 sensors within the exhaust. That sensor will determine the fuel mix. When faulty would often be similar to excessive choke on older non fuel injection engines.

The O2 sensor takes full mixture control via engine management system a few minutes after start up....once its warmed to correct temperature.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
stevepump
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by stevepump »

So, garage reckons it's the dpf, being cleaned over night. Hopefully won't need a new exhaust
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

stevepump wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:18 pm So, garage reckons it's the dpf, being cleaned over night. Hopefully won't need a new exhaust
ok...the dpf is a part of the exhaust system. Hopefully the cleaning fixes it.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta