ESP Skid light on - 1.6 Petrol 2013

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Tronicsuk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tronicsuk »

I have an intermittent ESP / anti skid light that comes on now & again.
It is a 1.6 PETROL 2013 Qashqai
Fault code c1130
Any ideas?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Nissan state:
Electronic Stability Program. ESP automatically stabilises the vehicle by applying braking to each wheel individually and reducing engine torque if necessary. It uses sensors to measure the turning speed of the wheels, the steering angle and the rotation of the vehicle around the vertical axis.

I think ESP failure (warning lights on) is an MOT failure so needs to be fixed quick. Wheel sensors/wiring and more relating to ABS functions. A major problem indeed.

The stability detection system is wheel speed sensors and a body state mini gyro..if I remember correctly

https://www.nissan.co.uk/customer-service/glossary.html
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Tronicsuk
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Tronicsuk »

Thanks for the reply. I agreed this is a serious fault.
I have managed to find what the fault code means.

C1130 - engine 1 fuel cut system fault.

Find it hard how this is linked with ESP ?
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Tronicsuk wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:46 pm Thanks for the reply. I agreed this is a serious fault.
I have managed to find what the fault code means.

C1130 - engine 1 fuel cut system fault.

Find it hard how this is linked with ESP ?
Yes...I saw that on Youtube vids and most of it relates to diesel engines. All very confusing. However, where the ESP warnings show it would indicate ABS related problems. Or confusion with codes using poor OBD detection units?

You didn't mention an engine running problem so "fuel cut" appears wrong. I assume the engine runs normally?

Nissan Service docs (petrol engine) refer to DTC C1130 as..... C1130 ENGINE SIGNAL...and not Fuel Cut
Causes:
ECM
ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)
CAN communication line

There are other diagnostic codes related that only Nissans CONSULT diagnostic system will pick up. These relate to the specific parts that make up the braking system. Nissans own diagnostic tool costs thousands...other OBD type diagnostic tools are not adequate.

The DTC codes are supposed to be standard across the car industry...thats not an accurate statement. Manufacturers will do what they want and their bespoke diagnostic tools will match it. General OBD tools cannot match because car manufacturers won't publish anything special to them.

Is your ABS system working on a sharp pull up?

Here's the Nissan diagnostic procedure for the Nissan Rogue....its similar to my Qashqai diagnostic docs:

http://www.nirogue.com/c1130_engine_signal-837.html

The detectable range of DTCs for the braking system is very wide: (a generic OBD device won't get all this lot)

DTC INDEX:
C1101-C1116
C1120-C1136
C1140-C1170
U1000

Let us know how you get on.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta