Clutch pedal sort of spring feel

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

Hopeless isn't it. My dealer have now given up too, so I will log it with Nissan.... hopefully they soon realise there is some kind of issue and issue a recall or similar.

VERY frustrating!
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160

pacojones

Post by pacojones »

Sorry to hear that... mine is on dealer again, they recognized this is not normal let's see how it goes...
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Please do update here with any progress.... every day I drive mine I know something isn't right.

Never did get around the contacting Nissan, with everything as it has been...!
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

Ok I'll let you know. While mine is at the dealer they gave me a petrol unit. The clutch behavior is better, smoother but is not perfect, the spring feel is more at the top of the pedal course but is so low and almost irrelevant when compared to mine.

Btw, on mine, the pedal or clutch went harder as the car went wormer, but it is curious, if you shut down the car and press/release the pedal it is smooth!!! It is something related with the engine working and respective vibrations... Does yours behave like this?
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

pacojones wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm Ok I'll let you know. While mine is at the dealer they gave me a petrol unit. The clutch behavior is better, smoother but is not perfect, the spring feel is more at the top of the pedal course but is so low and almost irrelevant when compared to mine.

Btw, on mine, the pedal or clutch went harder as the car went wormer, but it is curious, if you shut down the car and press/release the pedal it is smooth!!! It is something related with the engine working and respective vibrations... Does yours behave like this?
That really does sound like a thrust bearing or its carriage....to begin with.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

Car came back from dealer, first impressions were great, now I still feel the spring thing but much less.

The way I describe it reminds me the way phatboy described his when ir was repaired. Not being negative but I feel it will get rough again...

Btw, @phatboy does your clutch pedal work smooth or rough when the car is not working?
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

Searching on the web I found out this:

https://www.phoenixfriction.com/t-clutc ... aning.aspx

It seems to me that some of these theories can explain what is going on with our cars, and it points to dual mass + clutch kit
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

pacojones wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm Btw, on mine, the pedal or clutch went harder as the car went wormer, but it is curious, if you shut down the car and press/release the pedal it is smooth!!! It is something related with the engine working and respective vibrations... Does yours behave like this?
Yup the same, perfectly smooth when the engine isn't running. With the engine running, in neutral, it is bad too, but not as bad as when in gear.
pacojones

Post by pacojones »

I've done some research googling "rough clutch pedal" and found out this is not so unusual on several different brands, and it can be anything between the pedal and the gearbox, but I'm suspecting it must be the clutch itself (plate) or flywheel, or both. I'll give it a few days since it feels better and let's see, if it gets worse (and I think it will) I'll force on this theory. They began to bleed the circuit, no difference, then master cylinder, now slave. Assuming everything is lubbed, then clutch + flywheel I don't ser another way
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Hi, has it got rough again? Or has it remained better?