6 months old and needs new engine

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
krisbell77
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by krisbell77 »

HI all i have a 19 plate QASHQAI DIESEL AUTOMATIC. i STARTED HAVING ISSUES WITH IT TELLING ME THE AD BLU NEEDED REFILLING EVEN THOUGH IT WAS FULL, nissan told me there was nothing wrong with it and to carry on driving it and the message would go away. anyway another 200 miles later it went into limp mode and i called the RAC out who took it to the nissan garage for me.

2 weeks they have had it and i was told it needs a new engine which is a 3-4 week wait. because i have the car on motability i am not out of pocket but have a very unsuitable loan car.

anyway my question is this, has anybody else had the same issue and why does it need a new engine, nissan have been very unhelpful in expplaining what the problem is and why it needs a whole engine replacement. seems a bit like they dont know their arses from thier elbows,

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum. I see you've read the other topic - but a new engine !?!?!?!?!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)