Engine and Turbo failure

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
hein998877
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by hein998877 »

I am currently driving 1.2 Petrol Turbo 2016 model. 12 months ago the whole engine was replaced and within 12 months the turbo packed up. The turbo wasn't replaced with the new engine. The fault stated now is that there is two different types of oil in the turbo and this caused friction. is it possible even though the dealership only services the car and was it okay to install a brand new engine on 90000 km and leave the old turbo in? Sorry for the question but i am finance and have no idea about cars.

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I have had replacement engines in my cars over the years installed by dealers on manufactures instruction, my last was in a Mercedes and all they replaced was the engine. All other ancillary items were as was on the car before. So I guess you have had the same deal, hence the "used" turbo, although I would have thought the dealer would have checked the turbo before installing it on a new engine.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.