Auto Transmission 1.6 SVE

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mountford21

Post by mountford21 »

I have the 1.6SVE model top of the range here in Ireland. The car is two moths old. After 3 weeks old I found that when travelling at 100 - 110 kmh that the engine seemed hesitating or not pulling smoothly. The dealer took the car back, contacted Nissan UK and got a software update which seemed to have resolved the problem. Three weeks ago I noticed that between 100 and 110 kmh I could feel a gear change and then while accelerating to 120 kmh which is the max speed limit on Irish motorways the car did another gear change and it accelerated to 130 kmh and settled. When I reduce speed back to the speed limit of 120 kmh the car slips in and out of gear and have to reduce speed further to 100 kmh to stop the gear changing. Having reported the issue to the dealer and them verifying the issue we are still waiting 3 weeks later for Nissan UK to come up with another software update that might??? resolve the current issue. One would think that having a car 2 months old with these sort of issues that both the dealer and Nissan UK would be more active to resolve this fundamental issue.I also ave an issue with parking sensors going off when driving. DABS radio setting I could not turn off - had to return it to the dealer to turn off.At this stage I feel very disappointed with my new car. The auto transmission is obviously a problem and looks like we are being used by Nissan UK for research and development.I will let you know when I get the software update.Fed up owner.