Qashqai 1.5DCI DCT engine failure

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Johnc16
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Johnc16 »

Update. Got car back today, sitting on forcourt looked spotless gleaming in what little sunshine was about. Started up first time only to see 9 miles of fuel range left,never mind off to petrol station, topped up and home,still so far all good,sounded lovely engine quiet and smooth.
Parked up at home lifted bonnet only to be confronted with badly scratched front cross member & side member, splashes of dried coolant over engine covers and dusty and dirty all over. Gutted.
Spoke to Nissan, e-mail to dealer as necessary person not available on phone, got to wait for response tomorrow.
I must be damm unlucky.
Nissan Qashqai 1.5 DCI DCT N-Connecta Magnetic Red

PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I think such a mess would damage my confidence in the quality of the engine installation. Nissan must realise this engine has been installed in a new car.

Surely as it is a new car someone in the garage should have inspected the work and noticed the scratches and dirty engine before it was released to you?

Perhaps this is a mess to far and you should consider rejecting the car, Nissan have had their chance to rectify the initial problem and in doing so have caused another problem.

Make sure you take photos
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Weasel

Post by Weasel »

Reject the car, because if this is the condition they have left the engine bay, then how can you have any confidence in the work they have carried out.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

@johnc16
Most of the pleasure of a new car is that it is in pristine condition you don’t want a new car that is a bundle of repairs and patches.

The money you paid for the car was perfect so the car should be perfect to.
Johnc16

Post by Johnc16 »

Hello everyone,
I tried to reject the car when it first went wrong just on 6 month's old, fault started a month earlier, dealer was unsure and said it's down to Nissan, Nissan adamant that it would be a new engine and not a replacement car as in their word's it would not be cost effective to replace it.
I was not happy with this but under consumer law they are allowed one chance to put right.
Waiting for a response from Nissan since as you all say the quality of repair or lack of care taken is also making me wonder if it has all been done correctly and possibly sub standard, will there be more issues to follow.
This was my first Nissan purchase and my new car experience has been ruined.
Still waiting for responses from the dealer & Nissan.
John
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

I just don’t understand why dealer would knowingly let a car out of the garage in the state you describe.

My personal opinion based on your postings is that Nissan and the Dealer have let you down very badly.

Remember you only have to give the seller 1 opportunity to rectify the problem and they have had that and introduced further issues.
Johnc16

Post by Johnc16 »

Yes that's what I thought, it appears according to consumer law they get a chance to rectify the rectification.
Then I can push for compensation for loss of use etc.
I just can't believe what is happening to me.
Still awaiting responses from dealer and Nissan.
Johnc16

Post by Johnc16 »

It gets better, not.
Nissan now saying I can't reject the car as its now nearly 8 month's old even though this farce started at 5 month's old & it's taken 3 months to get the car tested by the dealer and new engine fitted.
Now there are fluid noises coming from under the car, poss transmission?? Fluid ??
Gurgling, swishing noises.Who knows??
Nissan promise of customer coming first and be with you all the way what a joke.
Sorry, just very upset.
John
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

It may be air trapped in radiator and coolant pipes thats causeing the gurgling sounds. Take the expansion cap off and let the water warm up in the system and the air should escape then 😉
Johnc16

Post by Johnc16 »

Engine was warm took off 2nd cap loads of air pressure released will try again in daylight. Thank you, that might do it.