Loss of power and engine stalling

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Mostyn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mostyn »

calnorth wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:26 pm Diesels..DPF....Emissions. So much of it is a bunch of trade offs (complications) that are likely easily capable of biting back.

The revs are controlled apart from the foot pedal by the ECU and its relationship (mapping) to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) device and fuel pump/pressure. There are filters for fuel and air in the way and thats largely it. MAF/Exhaust sensors play their part of course in controlling the instantaneous engine efficiency and compliance with emissions law.

If the dealer has been negligent on checking the breathing of your engine either try a different dealer or moan at Nissan HQ directly.

Old Diesel awkward and dirty:

For sure the engine needs to breathe air, it's even present in fuel mixtures, but needs to be regulated. seems it's done electronically these days

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Mostyn wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:35 pm
calnorth wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:26 pm Diesels..DPF....Emissions. So much of it is a bunch of trade offs (complications) that are likely easily capable of biting back.

The revs are controlled apart from the foot pedal by the ECU and its relationship (mapping) to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) device and fuel pump/pressure. There are filters for fuel and air in the way and thats largely it. MAF/Exhaust sensors play their part of course in controlling the instantaneous engine efficiency and compliance with emissions law.

If the dealer has been negligent on checking the breathing of your engine either try a different dealer or moan at Nissan HQ directly.

Old Diesel awkward and dirty:
For sure the engine needs to breathe air, it's even present in fuel mixtures, but needs to be regulated. seems it's done electronically these days
The MAF is at the top of the engine....follow air trunking from air filter box. Wires from MAF goto ECU along with sensors from other electronic boxes.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
parky74

Post by parky74 »

Well even after the software updates for the ECU and IEB things never really improved. I booked it back in with the dealership who testdrove it and found the exact same symptoms I had been telling them about. Turns out that it needed a software update for the ECM. No idea what it is but my drive home seemed much better. The accelerator seemed more responsive and there was no feeling of it wanting to stall or struggle. Apparently it isn't something they would do as part of a vehicle recall, which is done purely on vehicle registration, but done more on a case by case basis and only after the fault has been diagnosed. If you're having any issues with stalling, loss of power etc ask your dealer about the ECM update.
Lee.
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

parky74 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:38 pm Well even after the software updates for the ECU and IEB things never really improved. I booked it back in with the dealership who testdrove it and found the exact same symptoms I had been telling them about. Turns out that it needed a software update for the ECM. No idea what it is but my drive home seemed much better. The accelerator seemed more responsive and there was no feeling of it wanting to stall or struggle. Apparently it isn't something they would do as part of a vehicle recall, which is done purely on vehicle registration, but done more on a case by case basis and only after the fault has been diagnosed. If you're having any issues with stalling, loss of power etc ask your dealer about the ECM update.
Lee.
ECU = engine control unit; yes? what does ECM mean? Management? Mechanism? Module or something else?
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

FOUND it :: Engine Control Module .

viewtopic.php?t=4746