DPF Moved Closer To Engine on 1.6 or 1.5 or Both??

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Mostyn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Mostyn »

I was told the DPF has been moved closer to the engine in the newer model Qashqai's 2016 onwards then I spoke to a Chap with a 2017 QQ Tekna 1.6, He informed me that it's only the 1.6 engine QQ that's had the DPF moved closer to the engine to get hotter quicker; and not the 1.5 dci QQ can anyone confirm this or not?
Thanks

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I was told this happened to both the 1.5 and 1.6 diesels from 2014 (i.e. at the change from J10 to J11
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

MikeGC wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm I was told this happened to both the 1.5 and 1.6 diesels from 2014 (i.e. at the change from J10 to J11
That's what I was Told..
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Not definitive but a 2014 article relates:

These changes / improvements include:

Moving the DPF closer to the engine
Introducing a 5th injector

Both of these steps have been taken to increase the heat at which the DPF operates, making the DPF burns much easier to achieve under normal driving conditions.

For those doing short runs and a lot of urban driving, this small but significant change could go a long way to alleviate the issues but due to the nature of their driving habits, it might not be quite enough.

I give credit to the likes of Nissan who seem to be doing something about the issue but I personally think they are going about it in the wrong way. The theory behind the changes seem logical and a step in the right direction, however have Nissan admitted that there was a design fault with the older cars?… not when they can take £300 for a “forced regeneration”.

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dpf-diesel-particulate-filter/why-are-diesel-particulate-filter-dpf-issues-becoming-common-place-and-whats-being-done-about-it
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Mostyn

Post by Mostyn »

gloucester wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:55 am Not definitive but a 2014 article relates:

These changes / improvements include:

Moving the DPF closer to the engine
Introducing a 5th injector

Both of these steps have been taken to increase the heat at which the DPF operates, making the DPF burns much easier to achieve under normal driving conditions.

For those doing short runs and a lot of urban driving, this small but significant change could go a long way to alleviate the issues but due to the nature of their driving habits, it might not be quite enough.

I give credit to the likes of Nissan who seem to be doing something about the issue but I personally think they are going about it in the wrong way. The theory behind the changes seem logical and a step in the right direction, however have Nissan admitted that there was a design fault with the older cars?… not when they can take £300 for a “forced regeneration”.

https://www.hypermiler.co.uk/dpf-diesel-particulate-filter/why-are-diesel-particulate-filter-dpf-issues-becoming-common-place-and-whats-being-done-about-it
Thanks Gloucester..
Wow, Hypermiler is on the Ball; but frightening to read DPF & EGR and would never buy an Audi after reading some comments on their site. Seems they fit EGR and other pollutant gadgets too the petrol engine of most cars these days.