J10 DPF problems

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
mskayaker1951
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by mskayaker1951 »

I thought my low mileage Qashqai looked a good proposition BUT after 12 months having sensor, injector, clutch renewal & DPF problems my patience has nearly run out. Perhaps this forum could change this. I've had red & orange ML's come on usually when revving high on a cold engine. The light would come on & would go into limp mode above 3,500 revs. Thought I found a way of getting rid of these problems by calling RAC or AA & getting a re - generation which usually worked burnt off the soot BUT lasted about a couple of hundred miles. Have used this method three times now & worked well to get the breakdown guys to do their thing to get it through the MOT. BUT when the lights come back on there's no way to get rid unless codes are reset so very annoying. Does anyone know of a long term cure for this bloody DPF or is it time to pass the car on.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Where the DPF repeatedly blocks you'd have to look at Combustion, DPF unit and related sensors. Importantly DPF sensing controls combustion and if wrong steps outside emissions law...apart from partly crippling engine performance. and by design.

Difficult to determine precise fault but the system above needs much closer inspection of all components.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
mskayaker1951

Post by mskayaker1951 »

Thanks a lot for your reply. I take your advice on board but remains annoying because performance & fuel consumption is good & passed MOT emissons. Today have took car to usual 30 mile round trip up the motorway & it has not got the usual limp mode. My ECU has a mind of it's own.
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Your car has likely recorded a number of error codes (DTCs). Not the silver bullet in all cases but very helpful.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
fuzed

Post by fuzed »

DPF common problem with the QQ - its not made well, the car needs a good regular motorway session at 3000 revs or above to get it hot enough to clear it but it doesn't always work. DPF issues will keep happening, you can replace but the DPF is just rubbish on this car full stop so will happen again in the future.