Electronic brake and autohold

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Davidjc
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Davidjc »

I have a new Nissan Qashqai automatic plate 69.
With autohold on, whenever I stop and move to Park, the electronic handbrake automatically engages.
However, if the autohold is off, then when I finally stop and move the drive lever to Park, the handbrake stays off and has to be manually applied. (This is annoying because I am so used to the handbrake coming on, I forget that it hasn’t gone on).

Is there a setting to sort this out,

Thanks

David

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Davidjc wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:16 pm I have a new Nissan Qashqai automatic plate 69.
With autohold on, whenever I stop and move to Park, the electronic handbrake automatically engages.
However, if the autohold is off, then when I finally stop and move the drive lever to Park, the handbrake stays off and has to be manually applied. (This is annoying because I am so used to the handbrake coming on, I forget that it hasn’t gone on).

Is there a setting to sort this out,

Thanks

David
Yes, keep the auto hold on :D . The brake will go on if you turn the engine off, but moving to park should lock up the drive, neutral on the other hand is a pain.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Davidjc

Post by Davidjc »

Thanks.
However, if you have autohold on, you loose the “creep” facility and in a rush hour queue, idle stock comes on and you are jerking forward, with auto hold off, I simply put my foot on the brake, and lift it as we slowly move forward. I had hoped that there was a setting to allow the handbrake to come on, even when auto hold was off.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dave, have you read this ? I think this Auto Hold feature is a very nice addition far better than sitting with your foot on the Brake, just a bit of pressure and the “Auto Hold” is there in Green and then you just Drive Off - Dave 👍

EE5CFB24-3F53-46FE-8635-1808B045D0DC.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Davidjc

Post by Davidjc »

Hi Dave,
Thanks for that. I just couldn’t understand the thinking behind it all.
Having read what you have posted its actually quite self explanatory and it seems now, more sensible to use the Autohold, than turn it off as I have been doing. David
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dave, that is what the Forum is all about to try and help / advise the needy !, we all get confused with new technology you were Guaranteed not the only one, but I must say our Sales Guy went through this point - Dave 🤗
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
scimitargtc

Post by scimitargtc »

The auto ‘off’ handbrake when moving away, on earlier cars, is a simple dealer program jobbie, mine did it at 2nd service for free, the auto ‘on’ of course when switching off is standard
2016 1.6 xtronic tekna diesel 130 bhp
1998 4.6 v8 Range Rover petrol auto 225 bhp
2019 Skoda Citigo 1.0 sel green tech 5 dr 75 bhp
2009 Vauxhall Astra Twintop 1.8 petrol sport 2 door 138bhp