Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Ok thank you DaveBerlin, that would be great. I am curious whether delays or changes are to be expected even more or not.

Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

I have had enough of Nissan that took my order in June and cancelled it 3 days before expected dealer delivery and not i have to go to the back of the queue - totally fed up with then wasting my time going to cancel my order and look elsewhere
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@Clarky94. At the end of the queue? The dealer should give Nissan Sunderland a call! I don't believe my dealership would accept this... They must know they loose customers this way. This must be a stupid mistake. I hope you can still have it solved as it should!
McVicar

Post by McVicar »

Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:23 am
McVicar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 pm Please could you give the link to the facebook page. I have an N-connecta on order from July 12th and originally due, end of September to October but will have to contact the dealer just to check on delays.

The Nissan UK Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NissanUK

The comments I quoted earlier on in this topic were from Nissan UK adverts on my Facebook feed at that moment in time. Nissan UK did reply to some of the comments by saying that they are just the social media team and have no access to build details at the factory and they refer each person back to their dealership for the most up-to-date information.

Let us know how you get on with your dealer. :)
Dealer came back today with a video message to to say” my car is due in on the 24th September and I would then have it before the end of September”. But I guess this will only work out if it does get delivered on that date to them.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@McVicar, that's ... quick ! Good for you !

BTW. I pre-ordered back in March / J12 Tekna+ and did not hear much since.
I'll have to contact my dealership for sure then !
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Thanks for the update @McVicar. Hopefully a few more orders will start to trickle through the Nissan network soon!

I have only seen one new Qashqai on the road over the weekend (magnetic blue). I’m sure it will be joined by several hundred in due course!

McVicar wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:18 pm
Sandgrounder wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:23 am
McVicar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 pm Please could you give the link to the facebook page. I have an N-connecta on order from July 12th and originally due, end of September to October but will have to contact the dealer just to check on delays.

The Nissan UK Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NissanUK

The comments I quoted earlier on in this topic were from Nissan UK adverts on my Facebook feed at that moment in time. Nissan UK did reply to some of the comments by saying that they are just the social media team and have no access to build details at the factory and they refer each person back to their dealership for the most up-to-date information.

Let us know how you get on with your dealer. :)
Dealer came back today with a video message to to say” my car is due in on the 24th September and I would then have it before the end of September”. But I guess this will only work out if it does get delivered on that date to them.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here are some Facts & Figures for Nissan Production July 2021 which might be of interest - Dave 🤨

089C3B70-E94A-4027-8143-19B6CB627CB7.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

It looks like things are beginning to happen out here @ long last. Yesterday was the 1st Nissan German TV Advertising & today I received an email from Nissan stating that basically it’s going to be Show Time @ the Dealers between Sept 6th > 25th. The email is pretty impressive including Facts / Technical Specs etc and a Configarator which is worth (example below is a basic price without extras or special wishes) a look at for prospective buyers.
Sorry it’s in German here but at least it gives an idea what’s coming and it might be worth taking a look on the UK Sites for those interested - Dave 😋

11A4CD4A-A4D4-42ED-8AE7-6F73B429BC2C.jpeg

90BC0D8C-6657-4644-987A-D7AB49541096.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

I just got word from my dealership and the news is far from good.
Nissan has no idea when my car is going to be delivered ... delivery delayed by at least 1 month.
That's all they know for sure.
J12 orders placed today ... delivery expected summer 2022 (depending on trim level).
What I am most afraid of is that they can no longer even give me *any* estimated date for a Tekna+.
People here gave me the advice to call earlier (I waited till the latest estimated date had passed), but I trust the people at the dealership to give me a call as soon as my car had been delivered to them.
IMHO nagging them wouldn't change anything ... Nissan Sunderland can't speed up things when people complain AFAIK ... they sure would do it otherwise.
I am going to wait for it nevertheless though (got a very good price for the J12 indeed ... so I won't even try to cancel my pre-order !).
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This supply problem is beginning to cause Big Problem to the Auto Industry Worldwide - Dave 😠

General Motors will halt output at most of its North American plants in September as the semi-conductor chip shortage continues to hit carmakers. Four plants in the US, three in Mexico and one in Canada will shut down for up to two weeks, depending on the site.
GM to idle eight North American plants amid chip shortage : https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58416930

Ford will also cut U.S. truck production due to the semiconductor shortage which has really hit the automotive and technology industries. This includes a delay to Tesla's Roadster shipment to 2023. I would have thought that Musk would have found a solution to the problem. 🤭
Tesla's Roadster shipment to be delayed to 2023, says Musk : https://mol.im/a/9948415