GPS destination by coordinates

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
MarcoCosta
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by MarcoCosta »

Hello all, newbie here....

I'm pretty set on buying an e-Power based on the extensive research and the test drive I've done so far. At this point I'm going through minimal details and specific features, specifically related to the infotainment system.

I've recently watched this very detailed tutorial about the GPS features (link below) and the guy covers a lot of details but never mentions the possibility of searching a location by entering GPS coordinates.

On my current car (Ford Escape) I can enter something like "53.64189, -1.52765" (without quotes) and it will find the location and accept as the destination.

Can anyone confirm (or make a quick test) if this is possible on the e-Power's GPS navigation system?!

Many thanks in advance!

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum
It will be interesting to see a reply, I have not searched for this on my car but I do frequently use google maps via CarPlay for navigation. I find that I can search a map on my phone and pinpoint somewhere I want to navigate to (e.g. entrance to a nature reserve most recently) and google will take me directly there via the fastest route (my regular choice of routing)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
MarcoCosta

Post by MarcoCosta »

Hey there Mike,

Thanks for the reply!

You're right. Google Maps via CarPlay or Android Auto is an alternative BUT being able to rely on the car's GPS to navigate coordinates would be much better as such mode don't depend on mobile connection to work.
Specially when you take in consideration the fact that coordinates are more likely to be used when driving to remote locations (countryside, beaches, etc)

I hope someone can test this and reply to the thread.....
egamar

Post by egamar »

Not exactly the answer you're looking for, but I think you can scroll the map to the area you want, zoom on, touch the screen and have that touch-point set as a destination.

Actually, P69 of the Nissan Connect Manual (NM22EN-A2P1E0EUR) shows under "Setting Destinations", Other destinations, Latitude/Longitude. So, the answer is "Yes, you can".

https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/conte ... 1E0EUR.pdf
Tekna J12 e-Power.
MarcoCosta

Post by MarcoCosta »

Hey There,

Thank you very much for looking into this and also for the link to the manual. I was considering a visit to the dealership just to test that (LOL).

I often go on road trips and when you're driving on the countryside, coordinates are the [only] way to go!

egamar wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:01 pm Actually, P69 of the Nissan Connect Manual (NM22EN-A2P1E0EUR) shows under "Setting Destinations", Other destinations, Latitude/Longitude. So, the answer is "Yes, you can".

https://www-europe.nissan-cdn.net/conte ... 1E0EUR.pdf
Red Rooster

Post by Red Rooster »

Have you tried "what3words" ?
58 plate 2.0 l petrol Acenta
2016 1.6 DIG-T Ink Blue
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, Ink Blue
2024 1.3 DIG-T 160 MHEV Tekna with bose and led fog lights.Mag blue Black roof.
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

We’re the coordinatores you have earlier “ 53.64189, -1.52765” for Crigglestone industrial Estate, High St, Wakefield?
If they were, you can also put coordinates into the Nissan Connect app map (leave out the comma) & it will suggest a location, which you can then go to, add to route & send to car. Ready for when you get in the car

IMG_0510.jpeg

72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)