Vibration noise from front windows

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
xavpiq
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq »

Hi there.
I have a new annoying noise in the cabin. It's a kind of vibration apparently coming from the front windows when I pass through harsh potholes or bumps.
Windows are closed. Don't understand if it is the glass or the frame vibrating against the rubber seals.
Anyone having the same issue?
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

That’s a new one on me and points to poor build quality.
Sadly, I expect you will have to visit the dealer
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
AndyMorris

Post by AndyMorris »

Fold your wing mirrors in and check to see if any labels/stickers are attached from factory, I had this issue on a brand new impreza sti a few years ago and it turned it was this! label was vibrated in the wind causing the noise.
Tekna E-Power, Ceramic grey 2 tone.
Ordered 17th Jan expected 31st March arrived 30th May 2023!
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

AndyMorris wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:49 am Fold your wing mirrors in and check to see if any labels/stickers are attached from factory, I had this issue on a brand new impreza sti a few years ago and it turned it was this! label was vibrated in the wind causing the noise.
I don't think so. The car is 1 year old now and this noise came up just now not from the beginning.
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

At dealer's workshop they sprayed some lubricant on the rubber seals and the noise almost disappeared. However on rougher roads I can still hear the vibration. I think it is a loosen door lock which cannot press the rubber seals tight enough onto each other.
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

I've had a vibration noise from the driver's window / door for a couple of months and I can't figure out what is causing it. The car is a Techna, and two and a half years old but low mileage of just 13700 miles.
When the noise starts I found that I could press the window up switch and it goes back up a couple of millimeters but soon makes the noise again. It's as if the window keeps dropping very slightly.
I can create the same vibration noise when stationary by opening the door, and with a clenched fist, gently thump the inner panel and it makes the same noise as if something is loose behind the panel and in the door.
The other doors are fine and there are no noises, even when doing my 'clenched fist' test..
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.