Can Bus Protocol / Can ID

ICE, Equipment, Options
Daptfyie
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Daptfyie »

Hi guys, I recently bought and fitted an aftermarket stereo which has the option to select a can bus protocol which allows you to control things like the air conditioning, fan etc through the touch screen stereo. It gives options such as Raise, BNR, Hiworld, Xbs and so forth as well as the option to add a can ID. My question is, what can protocol does a 08 qashqai j10 use?

There doesn't seem to be much about this online.

Many thanks for any responses.

Brommas

Post by Brommas »

Can std fast according to my scanner.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.
Daptfyie

Post by Daptfyie »

Brommas wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:10 pm Can std fast according to my scanner.
Unfortunately that doesn't even seem to be an option. All the options are :

Raise
Xinpu
Hiworld
XBS
BNR
Daojun
Oudi
Ruishengwei
HCY
Hechi
Changyuantong
Ansheng
Bagu
Luzheng
Anyuan
NFCK
LH
CML
KBS
Others
Baogood
Baoshijie
TD

As far as I'm aware, these are can manufacturers, I believe Raise is what J11 qashqai used but I can't really find anything for J10.
Brommas

Post by Brommas »

I also am running a 2008 j10, I have installed an aftermarket android also. I know with mine I have steering wheel controls etc which I have to wire up to certain cables(haven't got around to it yet), but I do t have any advanced options like you seem to have.

Sorry I can't answer your question, I thought you just wanted to know the protocol that it used to connect.
Daptfyie

Post by Daptfyie »

Brommas wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:01 pm I also am running a 2008 j10, I have installed an aftermarket android also. I know with mine I have steering wheel controls etc which I have to wire up to certain cables(haven't got around to it yet), but I do t have any advanced options like you seem to have.

Sorry I can't answer your question, I thought you just wanted to know the protocol that it used to connect.
Check your android as my steering controls worked with the default adapter it came with. There was just some android settings you had to do to let the android detect the signal and you had to let it know the function of the corresponding button. 10 second job, worth having a look at the settings for 👍🏻
chosan

Post by chosan »

Daptfyie wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 pm Hi guys, I recently bought and fitted an aftermarket stereo which has the option to select a can bus protocol which allows you to control things like the air conditioning, fan etc through the touch screen stereo. It gives options such as Raise, BNR, Hiworld, Xbs and so forth as well as the option to add a can ID. My question is, what can protocol does a 08 qashqai j10 use?

1. What is the brand of your aftermarket?
2. Normally the box is either SS=XP, Raise, Hi-world. have a look at the Canbus-box and check the brand.
3. Test them one by one. You will not destroy anything by trying.
4. I have never been able the see the air-con on the screen with any aftermarket I have had.
5. Open the door while testing, when you see the door opening on the screen you found the right one.
Brommas

Post by Brommas »

chosan wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:57 pm
Daptfyie wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:57 pm Hi guys, I recently bought and fitted an aftermarket stereo which has the option to select a can bus protocol which allows you to control things like the air conditioning, fan etc through the touch screen stereo. It gives options such as Raise, BNR, Hiworld, Xbs and so forth as well as the option to add a can ID. My question is, what can protocol does a 08 qashqai j10 use?

1. What is the brand of your aftermarket?
2. Normally the box is either SS=XP, Raise, Hi-world. have a look at the Canbus-box and check the brand.
3. Test them one by one. You will not destroy anything by trying.
4. I have never been able the see the air-con on the screen with any aftermarket I have had.
5. Open the door while testing, when you see the door opening on the screen you found the right one.
I didn't use any adapters, I always like to cable and solder them in independently, so I don't have the original connectors now. Everything is wired and labelled to make it easy for either me or the next person if it ever gets changed lol. It's just what I have always done with them, in retrospect a cable is probably as good, it's just how I was taught when young before adaptors were a thing lol. I do have the wiring diags for it though so it will be simple enough when I get the time.

Good luck.