Hey everyone🙋 happy but annoyed - epower

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Richyroo
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Richyroo »

Hey all! So, I'm on my second Qashqai. First one was an auto 1.3 2019, now on an epower tekna I picked up at the tail end of last year. I'm at a point where I love the drive, the epower is so simple and easy and calm.

However I've joined because I'm just frustrated with it and need to know if it's just me!

Faults since new:
- it's had a new steering wheel as the cruise wouldn't detect me holding it
- The rear seat was punctured when I picked it up
- The alarm sometimes goes off opening the boot
- Sometimes there is double-vision on the infotainment display
- Sometimes the clock shows 0000 on startup
- Today the keys wouldn't lock/unlock the car - zero warnings
- some or the trim has popped off on the dash

Annoyances:
- no map updates since new (it's on WiFi)
- no wireless android auto
- the bloody engine when it's warming up! Yeah it's the "way it is" on an epower and I knew it before ordering, it just sounds crap with guests in the car
- hit and miss road sign recognition
- no remote start in the Connect app to prewarm/cool the car. Most of the tech is there, yet we get a crap app on a 40 grand car

Given the quite drive of the epower, I wish we'd got the Bose audio too.

8000 miles on the clock, and the epower always gives 50+mpg now. It took a while to bed in - perhaps the engine tuning itself up and the battery wearing itself in.

Is it just me that feels that, for an expensive car with such a good drive, the quality is just a bit meh on the details?

alexanderkrik
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by alexanderkrik »

Hi Richyroo and welcome to the forum.

I have a Tekna Bose with 5000 miles now.
I've read of various issues with the car in this forum, but yours I think it's the worst list both in context and length.

I haven't had of the problems discussed on the forum nor yours neither of other users. It seems like quality checks were skipped on your as some are really obvious like steering wheel, punctures, trim issues and the alarm.
I got mine on January and it was brand new from the factory. I got it with the light grey interior which was on back order. I ordered it in September. Also the dealership did a good 10 miles on it to check everything before it was handed over. I guess my dealer was careful on their checks.

As for the annoyances
- I don't expect very frequent map updates, it might be once per year or even less frequent. I didn't had any updates either.
- I don't know if the hardware is there for wireless android auto. If it is then an update would probably fix it. Regardless as someone in the forum pointed out, there are dongles for that either USB C or A. On Amazon they go for £60
- I have a video in this post viewtopic.php?t=13036&start=30 for the engine noise in a cold start. I don't know if my model being a late build is different than others'. Listen to it and let us know
- Sign recognition is good tech but it is hit and miss, agree. We are responsible to keep our eyes open and not just rely in tech for now. I don't know if there are any manufacturers out there that have this spot on/perfect
- I don't know if the app is going to be updated to allow more control over the car remotely. This is still an ICE car and probably they wont allow the engine to start for preheating remotely, for safety reasons

As for MPG I'm closer to high 50s closer to 60s than early 50s but that is probably because of my journeys.

Hope it helps.
Qashqai J12 e-Power, Tekna Bose, Pearlescent White
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

For info your car doesn't have wireless AA (as I think you know since you've listed it as an annoyance not a fault) - from the brochure:

AUDIO AND NAVIGATION
• Android Auto® (wired only)
• 12.3” NissanConnect Display with
Connected Services
• Wireless Apple CarPlay
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)