Parisitic draw issue

ICE, Equipment, Options
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

Hi guys
My father's 2019 1.2 tekna battery going flat after 3 days, anything worth knowing I can try?
I
AA been out saying battery is perfect, had new one year or so ago. Cars only done 9k miles like new really.
It starts fine with my little jump battery and restarts same day fine.
Seems something is draining it while not in use.

Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Very difficult to track down, alarm system has a small current draw but probably not enough to flatten the battery. The only real way to check is to put an ammeter inline on the battery to check current draw and then systematically remove all the fuses until you find the one taking the current and see what that feeds, it may be a rogue light somewhere like glove box . It will only be about one amp current, a 12w light would use that, good hunting.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
hkphooey

Post by hkphooey »

He's booked it in with local nissan garage it's only just had a service minor a week ago.
They are going to fit new battery and start there.
Alright for them spending other people's money, should be checking if the battery is bad first 😡
If that doesn't work they better stick the old battery back on and refund him.
Typical dealer just replace parts and hope for the best instead of finding out what the actual issue is.
Blueovalbug
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Blueovalbug »

Why don't you get the battery tested first you local bush tyres or someone similar would be able to help with it don't take it to Kwik for tho lol it will either fail or pass a test and will be cheaper then nissan...