J11 Battery charging system problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
duncho

Post by duncho »

Sulfated cells on lead-acid battery will only decrease its capacity and if heavily sulfated, also increase its internal resistance which will cause harder starts. If I were you, I would ignore the battery indicator and drive the car as usual. As soon as you experience harder starts in cold mornings, it is time to replace the battery. Even if the battery is sulfated, it can still be good to use for next 2-3 yrs, all depends how long it was left undercharged and how deep wrinkles it has left on it.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

At the moment, I have no problems with starting the car. All electronics (dashcam, wipers, front and back lights etc.) work fine except from the s/s failure and forward emergency breaking system errors. The key fob works fine even from a distance of 30meters plus, which it didnt before the Alternator was replaced.

I will drive for a day of two without the battery sensor connected. Is there any other risk if I do this? I saw one of your posts where you mentioned, you always do this during winters.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I can’t recall what I wrote earlier, when the sensor is disconnected, it disconnect “smart charging system” and battery is charged with 14.7V limit set on alternator. However it generates DTCs. Try to swap the battery to see if S/S fault will vanish (it may if internal battery resistance is too hogh, however it should be fine referring to the test report you’ve got it diagnosed.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!