e-Power traction battery

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
emiverino@gmail.com
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by emiverino@gmail.com »

Good morning everyone.
I'm considering purchasing the Qashqai e-Power.
Anyone have any info on battery life? I asked Nissan dealers and toll-free numbers but did not receive comprehensive answers.
My doubt is this: the e-power system by its nature charges and discharges the battery continuously, if the life of the battery is measured in charging cycles, the latter will have a short life compared to a fully electric car battery which recharges on average every 300-400 km.
When the battery is no longer as efficient as new, the combustion engine will always be running and consumption will increase.
The warranty on the batteries is 5 years and according to the Nissan toll-free number it cannot be extended.
Will the warranty also cover normal wear and tear?
What will be the price for the replacement?
I didn't find any answers

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Welcome to the forum.

Please consider changing your username so that it is not an e-mail address which might attract unwanted spam

"Wear and tear" is never covered by warranty.

I'm not sure how long Nissan has been running the e-power version of the Note in Japan but it is essentially the same technology as the e-power Qashqai - any information you can glean about the Note will help you understand how the Qashqai battery will last.

Maybe the answer is to have an e-power Qashqai for 4 years and plan to replace it before the battery warranty expires ?
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
emiverino@gmail.com

Ok, I'll change my username.
I also thought about replacing the car after 4 years.
But if this is a commercial strategy of Nissan, I can agree but I want to know in advance.
Why doesn't Nissan provide certain information?
egamar

Post by egamar »

emiverino@gmail.com wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:56 am
Because the whole industry finds it embarrassing when people ask detailed questions about battery life, replacement cost and charge capacity after several years. Not even the motoring press cover this issue with any depth, but then EV companies spend a LOT on advertising and junkets.

My advice would be: don't expect any Li-Ion battery to last with decent capacity for even a quarter the life-time of an internal combustion engine; maybe not even a tenth.
Tekna J12 e-Power.
emiverino@gmail.com

Will they have a list price for spare parts?
I'm not asking for much, at least the price of the replacement battery.
Maybe you're right, it would be embarrassing.
egamar

Post by egamar »

emiverino@gmail.com wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:15 am Will they have a list price for spare parts?
I'm not asking for much, at least the price of the replacement battery.
Maybe you're right, it would be embarrassing.
You could reasonably expect so find a price for a replacement battery "today" (although I imagine it's a closely guarded secret!), but you'd need a very powerful crystal ball to predict the price 5 years hence. One might assume technological advances and greater production volumes would drive the cost down, but the geo-politics of Lithium supply and general inflationary pressures might act in the opposite direction.
Tekna J12 e-Power.