Thermo Plunger relay error

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

Hi all,

I have Nissan Qashqai 2015 Ntec+ Diesel and the other day the engine management light went off.

I took it to the garage and he used the computer for diagnosis and it turn out 'Thermo Plunger Relay' error. The garage guy wasn't sure about what it is, and said it could be the DPF....

Has anyone encountered anything with Thermo Plunger, what its job is, and how much does it cost to replace it?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Tan ER

Post by Tan ER »

Merhaba acele ile yazıyorum. siz kendi dilinize çevirirsiniz.
Termo plunger bir kaça tane farklı görevi var.
1. görev aracı soğuk günlerde çalıştırdığınızda motorun daha çabuk ısıtılmasına yardımcı olur
2. görev ise motor soğutma suyunu ısıstığı için kaloriferin daha erken sıcak hava vermesine yardımcı olur
3. görev ise rejenerasyon işlemi sırasında alternatörden ekstra yük çekerek motor devrinin yükseltilmesine yardımcı olur. Böylece araç kırmız ışıkta dursa bile motor devrini yükselttiği için dpf rejenerasyon işlemi yarıda kesilmez.

Termo plunger 2500 watt civarında güç çeker. Haliyle motor bölümünde sigortası var. Ona bir bakın.
fbgqashqai

Post by fbgqashqai »

and in English

Hello I am writing in a hurry. you translate it into your own language. The thermo plunger has several different tasks. 1. Task helps to heat up the engine faster when you start the vehicle on cold days Task 2 helps the heater to give off warm air earlier as it heats the engine coolant Task 3 helps to increase the engine speed by drawing extra load from the alternator during the regeneration process. Thus, even if the vehicle stops at a red light, the dpf regeneration process is not interrupted because it increases the engine speed. The thermo plunger draws around 2500 watts of power. As a matter of fact, there is insurance in the engine department. Look at him.
fbgqashai 2017 J11a N Connecta 1.5DCi in Silver
ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas »

Thanks for your reply.

I had the engine management light on couple of days ago and when I got it checked today, the computer reported error in thermo plunger.

The garage guy has reset the engine management light. He asked me to drive locally as normal but avoid long journey on motorway.
umair90

Post by umair90 »

HI, I am having the same issue. I had the engine management light on and it shows the following codes. Basically it takes much longer for passenger heater to give hot air. The car also stalls sometimes during low speeds (giving acceleration would not move the car). What should I do in this case? The mechanic recommended changing thermoplunger control unit and dpf pressure sensor and pipes.

tempImagewEWbYD.gif