1.5 DCI Loss of Power and Fault Codes

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Melhg
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Melhg »

Hi all, currently own a 2016 J11 Tekna with 41k on the clock. I’ve owned it for 3 months and in August noticed loss of power particularly up hills - I could have my foot to the floor and the car wasn’t going anywhere. I put it down to switching from a petrol to a diesel.

Fast forward a few weeks, I had an orange engine management light come on for 4 days. The codes I had were P0380 Glow plugs and P1453 as a past code. My boyfriend cleared the codes, car seemed to work fine and I wasn’t suffering this lack of power. 2 weeks later the car engine light went back on, again loss of power when driving. Engine light was still on the next day but suffered no loss of power. The following day the light was gone, loss of power again. It’s now been back on 3 days, loss of power again.

I’ve booked in with Nissan but have a three week wait!! Also concerned that’ll it will sit in a garage for weeks on end with a huge bill and the problem won’t be solved. Air filter has been replaced, I’ve put DPF cleaner through and planning on charging and possibly changing the original battery (whether this will help I have no idea)

Does anyone have any ideas what it may be? I’m hoping it’s something I can do myself but conscious it probably won’t be. I’m just anxious at the thought of an unknown repair bill and am trying to prepare myself as best as possible. Any advice is welcome

Mattnels
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Mattnels »

Hello I have the same issue, did you get it resolved?