Parking sensor system not working

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Boosan
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Boosan »

I have a Quashqai plus 2 J10. It's been pretty reliable since we purchased it back in 2012 second hand. Two weeks ago the rear parking sensors stopped working. Being very poor at parking, I now don't have the confidence to drive the car out. I'm very small, so initially driving the plus 2 to me was like driving a bus, but with 3 growing kids I had no choice but drive a bigger car.

I've searched this forum and other sites, but there's no information on faulty sensors on the plus 2 models. I have tested the sensors by cleaning them individually, putting the car into reverse etc, but that hasn't helped. I believe the problem is not the sensors, as all 4 can't possibly stop working together. My brother has tried locating the buzzer for me, to see if the faults lies there. But it's a nightmare trying to remove the left back panel on the plus 2. I don't even know if the buzzer is actually located under the small window like it is on the newer Quashqais. Could the fault lie with the module? Where is the module located in the car? I don't know what to do as I don't want to spend £100's getting it fixed by the dealers.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

There's a multitude of different possibilities, whenever I've fitted reverse sensors I've generally placed the module where it doesn't get much weather, on my qq that meant fitting it within the rear bumper high up then speaker fitted where you've already stated, tapped into the reverse light circuit, simple and whole thing was £37 for a decent set. I had my daughter's 2012 apart the other week and that is fitted the same way. Checked fuses?, reverse light circuit still working?. There's no cheat method, you have to check the basics then go from there, I have replaced a few modules on other ones that have failed(not qq vehicles though) , it's a simple circuit and it shouldn't be hard to diagnose.

If you can't do it yourself after checking the basics, then there's always the option of buying and fitting another kit, either fitting yourself or using your local Halfords experts(tongue in cheek there) personally I would suggest an auto electrician over Halfords on any day of the week, they will do the job properly and would be far cheaper than Nissan main dealer, but honestly you should be able to do it.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.