Who hates their Qashqai? Feel free to elaborate

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Danielp
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Danielp »

Like the car but garbage shocks though, at least in my 2014 model.

phatboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by phatboy »

I am on my 3rd QQ, with the previous 2 being accepted back by the dealer for various reasons.....

2017 1.2 N-Connecta - noisy gearbox upon collection requiring replacement, rejected immediately. Also noted how under-powered the engine felt, after being only able to test drive a 1.3 version.

2019 1.3 Tekna - Absolute bag of sh**. New gearbox within first month, grindy feeling in clutch (Dealer agreed, then denied it) , radar failure, funny squeaking noises, more than 15 breakdowns due to flat battery, dealer completely unable to diagnose and said I wasn't driving it enough. Nissan customer support couldn't have cared less, just fobbed me off and said it needed to go to the dealer for diagnosis (It was already there, not able to start). Absolutely lost my mind with it. Having owned it 2yrs, I was able to get the dealer to exchange it fortunately, book price for book price, for....
2018 1.3 Tekna+ Auto - (Bronze so not my favourite, but I needed a car that worked) Needed a new battery after 6 months, but otherwise has behaved for the past 18 months. Replaced the thermostat housing a week ago as it's out of warranty and Nissan don't seem helpful at all with the issue, so better safe than sorry.

Chances of buying another Nissan are low. Will look for a Toyota, who now offer a 10 year warranty as long as it's dealer serviced. My parents have a Auris and it hasn't had any faults ever in 11 years, Only this year it's started to 'wear out' a bit, and needed a new steering rack, shock absorbers, window mechanism. All in all, they've had excellent value and reliability.
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160