NATS Problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
gudge76

Post by gudge76 »

Hi All,I have had a 1.5DCI Accenta Premium since June of last year, within a few weeks of having the car the NATS light started to stay on during normal driving. This was intermittent and didn't really effect anything ie. the car started, locked and unlocked without any problem. I reported to my local garage who had the car in on several occasions, a couple of times they couldn't find a problem(to be fair the problem was intermittent) and a couple of times they had apparently fixed the issue. After about the 6th time of reporting they advised that they needed to change the antenna in the dashboard. They had to order the part from Nissan and when it eventually came the car went in to have the work carried out. A few hours after i dropped the car off i got a call to say my car was ready for collection but the work hadn't been carried as the firmware of the part needed upgrading and this had to be done back at Nissan.The part went back to Nissan for the firmware upgrade and once returned to the garage was fitted in my car and the problem was fixed. This was early December last year, yes it had dragged on that long.Everything had been fine up until 4 weeks ago when the light reappeared . I took the car back to the dealers who checked the car and informed me they would have to order another part, a different part to the one previously replaced.Again the part came from Nissan and i took the car into the garage where the fix was carried out. Upon collecting my car i was told that the new part had been fitted and tested and everything was fine. Unfortunately as soon as i started the car to leave the garage the light reappeared, so the car had to booked in again for further checks.The car went in again, for the day, yesterday but again returned without being fixed.The dealer are now telling me they need my car 7 days to allow a Nisan technician to attend the garage in Doncaster and look at the issue.I wouldn't care but the the issue isn't manifesting itself in any other way than the light being on. If they had taken the bulb out last July i'd have never known.Has anybody else had any similar issue with NATS and if so how was it resolved? At the moment it seems clear that the garage hasn't a clue as to the cause of the issue or how to resolve it.

BRL

Post by BRL »

Hi,
I have just started, in the last week, to have this light stay on whilst driving, yes, as you say intermittently. I was about to contact the garage but having seen your hassle I think I will leave it, as you say, it doesn't affect driving, locking etc. I have same model as you, May 2014.
Brian
duncho

Post by duncho »

Can you post photo of combimeter when light is ON? Do you mean the green car icon after NATS unlocks ignition?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
gudge76

Post by gudge76 »

It's the red car light that stays on.
I have also started to experience intermittent "Incorrect Key ID" fault. This won't let me start the car but clears if i lock and unlock the car again.
See Pic

IMG_2309.JPG

BRL

Post by BRL »

I contacted my garage re this problem. They were aware of it. Told me to try using the other key. The first trip with the other key and oh the light came on and stayed on for the short journey. Getting back into car for the return leg, I pressed the roof switch that turn's off the the inside sensor when you leave a dog in the car. Light went off and so far has stayed off. I do think it was probably a coincidence but we shall see.
Brian
BRL

Post by BRL »

Has anybody had a solution for this intermittent fault of the red NATS light illuminating, at the start of a journey or suddenly illuminating during a journey. Does not seem to have any effect on the car apart from being annoying seeing the red light. Had 2 year service yesterday, they were told and said oh yeah we know about that but today it came on again!!!
Brian
gudge76

Post by gudge76 »

Hi, to be honest I gave up!

The light isn't having an effect on the car and I was sick of taking the car in and the fault not getting repaired so decided to just leave it.

Also due a 2 year service next week so I'll mention it again and let you know.
Az qashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Az qashqai »

Hi. Have the same problem for the same model car and age i.e April 2014 just bought this year. Passed diagnostic and the bcm registered a fault b2198 inats antenna fault. The car open closes and starts normally but randomnly has the nats light on and stay on until next engine off and car lock executed. I changed the nats antenna wirh no improvement. This is the push button start antenna. So I realised that the dtc fault b2198 is always registered on exiting and entering the car. But the nats dashboard light is random and can take a full week to light up continuously. Thinking this shadow fault is related I tried to see when the dtc occurs. So I erased the dtc and if you stay in the car no problem the dtc will not re appear in the bcm. Engine off anfd on and still no error. Then open the door get out of the vehicle with the key and presto the dtc re appears. So it seems that when the car senses that the keyless entry fob is outside it tries to enable the push button antenna and register a fault. This should not happen and I am suspecting that the bcm software is bugged and an upgrade would possibly solve this problem. I am seeing that this is specific to April to may models 2014 and not reported on2015. Does anyone possibly been to the dealer and got it fixed this way. I would not like to spend money uselessly . Thanks.
YekimB

Post by YekimB »

I seem to be experiencing a similar issue, light comes on intermittently and my local Nissan garage have suggested that I get the NATS antenna replaced.

The most notable issue is that when the NATS light is on the dash, the car still unlocks and drives etc.. however the cvt auto gearbox will only stay in low gear and averages around 4000 rpm. Is this a likely feature of the immobiliser trying to kick in? The gearbox seems to shift normally when the light is not showing, Nissan garage have also changed the gearbox oil/fluid and the same issue occurs when NATS light comes on.

I wonder if anyone has heard of the NATS effecting the vehicles performance this way, before I went and replaced the NATS antenna I wanted to see if one else had any ideas as to whether it’s the likely cause of the gearbox issues.

My vehicle is a 2014 model, am yet to find anyone else experiencing the same issues though.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

As the nissan garage has told you what the solutions are get them to do the work for you 😉