Stop/Start System Fault Message

ICE, Equipment, Options
Dummerboy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dummerboy »

I've just been back to the workshop and they're not sure what the problem would be but they're not capable of doing that sort of fault finding and repairs in that workshop. So it seems I've either got to take it to the main dealer, who will charge a small fortune or find a another workshop who know what they're doing.

Dummerboy

Post by Dummerboy »

Took it to a different workshop today for the P0090 fault and they ran all their tests and said the live data and components checks were all ok. They did notice however that the oil was very low and topped it up. They said that the fuel pump is driven by the camshaft and lubricated with engine oil which possibly could be the cause of the malfunction. Told me to keep on checking the oil level more regularly and if the problem keeps reappearing then a fuel pump replacement job may be necessary. The other thing they suggested is to check with the main dealer wether there is a software update for this model.
hljd

Post by hljd »

Hiya! I’m having similar issues with my 2016 1.2 Dig-T Petrol Qashqai.

Stop/Start error, some jerking at low revs and a P0090 error code pointing to the fuel pressure. Have replaced the battery but same issues still.

Did anyone manage to get to the bottom of this and resolve things?
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Dud you get the new batt setup to the car so it knows the batt has been replace? Check your spark plugs and maybe change your fuel filter if its never been replaced
Gemma82

Post by Gemma82 »

Hi all, we’re having the same issue. Broke down in a tunnel. Start stop and system failure came up. Engine wouldn’t start. Police had to tow us out. RAC said intermittent fault as car started after a while. Drive 45 min home. Next day drove 1/2 Mike happened again but this time dashboard lights didn’t come on. Probably because I wiggled the cables to get the engine going. Nissan gave said either fuel pump or timing chain (because its loose), just over £3k to fix. Did replacing fuel pump work? I know timing chain will need to be done regardless just wondering if I should take the plunge on both. Thanks
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Before you go spending lots of cash. Get the battery checked and replaced if needed. Also check that the battery leads are on tight
Dummerboy

Post by Dummerboy »

After a couple of months of occasional p0090 faults the system started throwing them up every few days so decided to bite the bullet and book it into my local Nissan workshop for a full diagnostic check. Results showed excessive wear in the timing chain and a problem with one of the spark plugs ignition system. Decided that it would be better to get Nissan to do the work despite the extra costs, mostly due to the price they charge for labour, and have some confidence in that I have them to go back to should the problem reappear. I also took advantage of the interest free Bumper loan in order to finance the work.
Drove the car home this morning, engine is a lot quieter than before and working on full power with the new plugs. Time will tell but as of this moment, I think I made the right decision as can't afford to upgrade at the moment and without the work being done the car is not much value and, to continue driving it, will eventually lead to engine failure at some point.
Jahnvitch23

Post by Jahnvitch23 »

Good day does anuone fix the p0090 proble of their qashqai 2014 up for saying fuel pressure circuit how to fix it thanks

IMG_0190.jpeg

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

You need to put fuel in its a warning telling you your running low in fuel in the tank