Front road noise in new Qashqai?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
trout
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by trout »

I haven’t been on here in a couple of years, I sold my last 1.5dci Qashqai three years ago and replaced it with a Golf.
I enjoy the golf for its superb DSG box and overall build, but I do miss the higher seating position.
So I had a look at a near new Qashqai 1.3 dig t petrol in manual, it was an N connecta with pano roof.
Salesman gave me the keys and we took it for a decent run on a fairly good pothole free road locally, surface was smooth.
Within minutes of setting off I could hear road noise from the front, at first I thought something was open, but nothing was, windows tight shut, no audio on fan off etc. My wife said why is it so noisy? At 60 mph we couldn’t hold a normal conversation and had to speak up to make each other heard.
I took it back and explained to the salesman that it was nice to drive , engine gearbox etc but too noisy.
I’m Absoloutly gutted TBH, my old diesel one was as quiet as a lamb at all speeds, this new one had 17” wheels on with Continental tyres. Anyone else noticed it?
S.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .

Koolmacher
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Koolmacher »

Not sure what was wrong with the car you test drove but I traded a Golf 8 for a new Qashqai 1.3 mh Tekna in January 2023 and the Qashqai is significantly quieter than the Golf which had poor road noise insulation. Where the Golf was better was isolation from noise outside when static due to it having acoustic noise insulation glass but once on the move any speed above 45 mph and the road noise took over and that was on 17"alloys with Michelin Premacy tyres which are some of the quietest tyres you can get. My Qashqai Tekna has 19"alloys on Continental tyres and still drives a lot quieter.
trout

Post by trout »

My Qashqai is a Tekna 1.3dig t and it’s much quieter than the new model I drove this morning, it was a nearly new vehicle totally immaculate, just bloody noisy, I won’t be changing to one.
My MK 7.5 Golf was a lot quieter, strange eh ?
S.
Last edited by trout on Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Had a 2017 1.5 dci Accenta premium with pan roof and vision pack. Now have 2020 1.3 Tekna .
Jamie307
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Jamie307 »

Everyone agrees the new Qashqai cabin is quieter than the old one. There must have been something wrong.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
trout

Post by trout »

Everyone but me, I’m really pleased you’re happy with yours Jamie.
The day before at the same dealers I took out the new Juke in one litre 3cyl auto spec.
That was the tekna as well, I had to drive it twice to confirm it was as awful as it was the first time. Jerky, jittery, very noisy.
I was glad to get out of the black interior and see the light again, as was my wife. It looks great compared to the old one though.
S.