Airbag light

ICE, Equipment, Options
craigh
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by craigh »

Hi, new to qashqai.. I recently purchased a 2010 +2 , airbag light was flashing and steering wheel controls didn't work, I have replaced the squib/clock spring and now everything works on the wheel but airbag light is still flashing, I've been told try the module under the centre console.air they all the same or are each model different?

Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

Have you had the airbag code read?. Cheap Chinese clone replacement or genuine?.

Also, have you put the airbag into diag mode and tried to see if it clears, I know I have had to clear an airbag code numerous times with Nissan, I've not done newer models than about 2012 but I've always had to clear the code even after new replacement but as I said you can put it in to self diag mode and see if it goes.
Last edited by Brommas on Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.
craigh
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by craigh »

It's a genuine part , I'm going get it ready tomorrow as my reader doesn't pick anything up
Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

Sorry, I think we are talking at cross purposes, I am taking about the squib, the module you will need to match up part numbers(best case scenario), outside of that I am unsure. Most cheap readers won't clear airbag faults.

Video link for diag mode:-

That works, I've used it in the past when I didn't have my scan tool with me or to hand, follow it exactly.

There are 3 parts to that part of the airbag system, the airbag itself, squib and the airbag module, obviously you don't want to be working on the system with 12v running through it. I really don't want to give you advice on how to test it here because there may/will be consequences if you make a mistake.

I'm not trying to be awkward, I don't know your level of proficiency in relation to such things and don't want you to harm yourself or cost your self money.

I hope what I have said helps.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.