Engine management symbol

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Gogo
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Gogo »

Hi All
I have a qashqai 2011 and been having problems with the engine management symbol always on, I've took it to a local garage for a diagnostic check which said it was the fuel injector, this was changed but the management symbol won't go off, I'm going to take it back for further analysis but it seems I'm just throwing money at it, and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem

Thanks for looking

Gogo..

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Did the set the car up to detect new injector fitted
Brommas
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Brommas »

When a new injector is installed, it will come with a code(usually on the injector itself), if the code isn't used then the injector will operate at a base setting, the code will still go, the injector just won't be as efficient. The code should have been entered via a scanner or other purpose made device.

Was the injector new, used, refurbished?

Do you actually have the codes that the vehicle had rather than just being told it was an injector?. I would give them an opportunity to look at it again and if nothing is resolved, I would take it to a local trusted garage, the issue with things like this is that you can end up just throwing parts at it to fix it based upon what you're being told, ideally you want a mechanic that is versed in having a good diagnostic process, it will save you money in the long run.

You give very limited information and I'm just trying to give you some guidance as I can't form an opinion with the information given and am just trying to point you in the direction I would go in your position.

Good luck.
2007 Nissan quashqai Acenta 1.5dci 158k.