Tractor Fetish....Lockdown

The place to discuss everything else..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I am quite interested in these machines and largely for the gizmo's now bolted on. A colleague is head of systems safety at JCB UK so its a subject good for frequent pub meetings...well, used to be?

I used to assist a couple of farmers in the early days of GPS...before assisted steering and so on. Its quite shocking the amount of flint lumps that hang about the place. This is Hampshire. The black spaniel (Eric) is quite a "farter" almost causing cabin abandon procedure. Select Auto and jump..... :lol:

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

Abdulrashidbala
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Abdulrashidbala »

Thanks for sharing your tractor adventures and fun pub meetings (even if they're a thing of the past for now)!
theresamclean
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by theresamclean »

Apologies for joining this thread two years later, but I couldn't resist chiming in on your tractor fetish discussion. It's always interesting to hear about people's unique interests and experiences.
It must have been quite exciting assisting farmers with early GPS technology, especially before the advent of assisted steering. Dealing with those flint lumps in Hampshire sounds like a challenge. And your black spaniel, Eric, adding some ""farter"" moments to the tractor cabin brings a humorous touch to the story!
By the way, if you're ever in need of car parts, this website with trucks part is a great resource. They offer a wide range of parts and accessories to keep your trucks in top shape.
Slinn
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Slinn »

This brings back memories, the school I grow up the sons of farmers could tell by the sound outside of the window if it was a john deere or a mossy ferguson passing by lol, great video though
CailynKerr
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by CailynKerr »

I was just wondering how things are going with your colleague who's into systems safety at JCB UK.
I totally get what you mean about the flint lumps in Hampshire; they can be quite a challenge, especially when dealing with early GPS. And your black spaniel Eric sounds like a character, even causing a "cabin abandon procedure" with his... er... "emissions." 😂
I've been on the lookout for some machinery for my business lately, specifically used Plant & Machinery. It's been quite an adventure finding the right fit, but I'm excited to explore all the cool options out there.
oxcy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by oxcy »

Hahah, what a nice video. To be honest I find myself in such a situation. LOL. Do you like driving a tractor?
Cordas61
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Cordas61 »

Growing up, I was always fascinated watching my dad work on his tractor, tinkering with all the parts and making everything run smoothly. It seemed like a giant puzzle to me, full of interesting gadgets and gizmos. Now, at 35, I have my own acres and a couple of tractors that I've bought from here.

My experience with modern tractors, equipped with GPS and assisted steering, has been incredible. They've made farming much more efficient and less physically demanding. Having the right equipment makes a huge difference in managing the land and dealing with the challenges of rural work.