Long one sorry J10 1.5dci weird one with coolant

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Steve_fitz1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Steve_fitz1 »

Hi Guys can anyone shed some light. I have a J10 1.5dci 110, had it a year and it’s been brilliant, however I noticed one day the coolant level had dropped below minimum, when I opened the expansion cap most of the coolant came back.
I topped it up and all was fine, about a month later the wife complained that the car wasn’t blowing hot air out for at least 30 mins, when I checked even though the car was up to temp the air blowing in was cold. I checked the coolant pipes going to the heater matrix and they were still cold, replaced the thermostat and flushed the heater matrix through got good flow, topped up coolant as described by holding the heater matrix hose higher than the expansion tank and filled the system. Put the pipe back on and even bled any remaining air out of the thermostat housing.
Started the car with the expansion cap off and coolant started to fill the expansion tank, managed to get it to
Stop just above the max mark, put the cap on and it seemed ok. Took it for a test drive to get it warm, the car went up to temp then dropped back to cold then up to temp almost straight away then dropped to cold again then went back to temp and stayed there, after about half an hour I got heat coming through the vents ( so know the heater matrix isn’t blocked ) when I turned the engine off noticed the expansion tank looked quite full and had spat out some coolant. After it cooled down I went to check the coolant was at normal
Level but there was no pressure when I released the cap , my daughter used the car to go the shop, come back the expansion tank was full, left to cool down and the tank stayed full, when I removed the cap it started spurting out even though it was cold!
I have no mayo in the oil , coolant is all clean, no white smoke
I’m at a total loss still doesn’t seem to be circulating properly yet the pump is working as once the thermostat opens the rad gets hot, car doesn’t over heat and never has ….. help! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nognog
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Nognog »

Any joy mine is doing same thing ?