Newbie's greetings

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

Hello, folks. I'm pleased to have discovered this forum and as a new-to-Nissan owner as of 21 July, and would like to thank the forum owners for providing the facility. I've run a BBS since 2001 and know what it can be like.I'm retired and have driven Citroen Grand C4 Picassos for the last 6 years. They gave trouble-free motoring throughout. Although the Citroens were excellent, their semi-auto gearboxes were rather too sedate and could leave one in a dangerous position if trying to "nip" into traffic. Operation was like me - sleepy most of the time!I fancied a change to escape that box and was tempted by all the toys on the new Tekna 1,6dci CVT and well impressed by its CVT. The days of the Daf rubber-band car, all revs and no go were over.It took exactly 6 months for the car to arrive and the installation of a grab handle above the driver's side door was, apparently, a major task and cost just under £140, but it makes entry and exit much better for me, as I have mobility problems.I had a whisper to the mechanic doing the job, asking for a lead to be put in for my dashcam from behind the glovebox. He refused a paper-money bribe and when the car came out of the workshop, there, tucked up behind the mirror was the cable.Well, I looked for the other end near the glovebox fuses and eventually removed the glovebox and a few more bits. No cable. Then, on the offchance, I removed the end panel to the dashboard on the driver's side and there was the cable! Since the right-side roof lining had been worked on during the grab handle installation, I guess it was logical for the cable to run to the fuses on that side of the car, but it sure hurt my back, finding out. When the connector and fuse arrive, the job can be completed. (On the driver's side of the car, the feed to the fuses is at the bottom so the fused bullet should be positioned to come from the top of the new fuse.)Some features on the Citroen were really good, like windows closing and mirrors folding on a long press of the key-fob's lock button. A short press would leave the windows where they were. There were also more places to store "stuff" than in the QQ, so despite all the toys, they missed some good options.We're into rescuing ex-racing greyhounds but are just recovering from the loss of our last one. I've ordered a boot liner called a hatch-bag to hound-proof the boot and will post again when it arrives.Other than that, are there any radio amateurs on here? I've had my ticket since 1964.Best wishes (73) DaveL

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well DaveL, welcome to you from the German side of Europe. I am sure you will enjoy and get a lot of facts from this Forum there is a lot of information to be found here. At least you have a couple of years on me but we are of a similiar vintage. So again Welcome from DaveBerlin
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
FoxyG

Post by FoxyG »

Welcome Dave. I'm sure you will enjoy your time on here. We are a pretty friendly lot in general, or so I've found. There's quite a spread of ages...I'll just admit to being of a late 1950's decade vintage unlike some of our more mature and well aged members - George.
July 2014 1.5 DCi Tekna, Pearl Black. Chrome pack,bonnet protector and black Alloy Gators.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Hi Dave,Glad you are enjoying the new car and especially good to hear the CVT is better than the EGS the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso has! I am currently driving a 2.0 l C4 Grand Picasso exclusive and have had it for 5 and a half years. To say it is dangerous to pull out at an island is an understatement as sometimes it goes and sometimes it stops! I ordered my 1.6 CVT Tekna March 5th and am still waiting unfortunately and the delivery date of June 15th was moved to September 19th now Dec 4th. Mad really as I ordered 12 days after you and mine is delayed till December. How you getting used to the less space in the car? I had a Renault Grand Scenic before so have had a 7 seater for 8 and a half years so it will be a shock having a smaller car.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. it's good to find another forum where folks are civil to one another. Back in 2001. I decided that my board would not tolerate trolls or keyboard warriors. It was hard going to begin with but has levelled out over the years and now certain kinds of folk just don't bother trying to sign up. It was noticeable as I was browsing here before joining that there was a good atmosphere, so kudos to the board's staff.To Del73, I was chatting to the salesman for my car only yesterday and he said that a customer had ordered a Tekna CVT 1.6dci in June and he wasn't able to get a delivery date from Nissan until a few days ago. March 2015! The guy cancelled and went to buy a different machine. I read somewhere on the forum that a car (maybe a QQ) rolls off the production line every 59 seconds. If Nissan are working 24/7, that would mean around 1460 cars per 24 hours, around 43,800 a month and around 390,000 in 9 months. I can't come to terms with that as a number of back-orders, so my maths (shoes and socks off when counting above 10) must be screwed!It is a surprise when downscaling. The Citroen made a great doggie transporter, but after an initial couple of heart attacks at roundabouts 6 years ago, I learned that hoots and flashes from behind were safer than those from the side while giving time for the Citroen to wake from its slumber before it started to lumber LOL! I was told hearchanging was much improved on the 2014 model, but it was still "sedate."Cheers. DaveL
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

Oops, gearchanging.
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

We did the maths some time ago and, to the best of my recollection, the numbers are not as high as you calculate. Additionally 80% of production goes to foreigners and expats like DaveBerlin. And even if a car comes off the line every 59 seconds, that is only after the line has swung into full operation, which probably takes at least an hour. Skyline could probably answer that one, unless he's busy rolling another one off the line.
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.
DEL73

Post by DEL73 »

Nissan Customer SVC called me back today they are trying to call the dealer to see what has happened to my order (the dealers have told me it is not them that gave me a new order number but Nissan do not know why I was given a new order number). Will be interesting to see what has happened.
Ordered QQ 1.6 Tekna CVT in gun metal
Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

Hello and welcome to the forum fairly new owner of the QQ but love it came from a merc so big difference
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black