Hi everyone

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
UsdFred

Post by UsdFred »

Hi everyone, being honest about this I don't own a Qashqai yet. A member of my family does and I've always admired it. They are more than happy with it and have no complaints at all. I have been considering the diesel variants but have been steered towards the 1200cc variant and although I have road tested an example and have been very impressed am still uncertain about the purchase and am looking for views on ownership experience of that variant.Regards, UsdFred

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
LucaModric

Post by LucaModric »

How many miles will 1.2DIG-T last?! Some are saying small petrol turbo will be ok for cca 60.000 miles... It doesn't seem logical to me that Nissan will go live with such low-mileage engine. Not every QQ owner is planning to sell it after 4 years or 60.000 miles.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Your mileage may vary of course, but don't see any reason why it wont go >150k, BUT that depends on how its treated and looked after. Turbo may need swapping out by that point, although its only pushing 1bar of boost so not exactly a overly stressed engine. The 1.2 engine has been around a couple of years before it ended up in the Qashqai, appearing in Renaults engine such as the Clio (known as a TCe engine in their range) and also do a 0.9L and 1.5L version. To be honest, most Nissan's are scrapped due to their bodywork rusting away rather than their engines!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

A turbo that has been treated tidily by its driver will last as long as the engine itself, which should easily exceed 150,000 miles for modern engines. In fact a high mileage driver will almost certainly get between 200,000 and 300,000 miles as long as it is maintained and driven tidily.The turbo, all turbochargers in all types of engines, need to have oil pressure before driven hard after starting up from cold and, most importantly, need the engine quickly restarted if stalled when hot, and to be idled for a minute before shutting down after being driven hard to let the turbine slow down and cool while oil is still forced through its bearings. Most turbos now have water cooled bearings with forced cooling after shutting down, but this should not be used as an excuse for abuse, because at the end of the day any repairs comes out of the owner's pocket and failure can be easily avoided.
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I FAQ'ed the latter part of your comment some time back for clarity: http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... c1490.html I agree, a turbo that's looked after should last time. The one on my 200sx was at 110k when I sold it, boost turned up and the engine was used and abused, BUT 'looking after' the turbo on warm up and shutdown was a priority. No sign of oil leak/excessive ware.
Nishqai

Post by Nishqai »

I would agree with others about the 1.2 lasting for at least 150k. I was in two minds like you before deciding on 1.2. I think simple answer would be if you are going to drive many miles on motorways each month then go for Diesel, else if you will go around town few miles a week then go for 1.2 without doubt. As of 1.2 engine goes it very nippy and does what you would expect from this size of engine. All the best with your decision
---------------------------------------
Acenta Premium 1.2 DIG-T 2015
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Actually, I'd say it does more than I'd expect of a 1.2.It's only when pulling away up hill, or letting the revs drop too low where I get any complaints from the engine.I'm having to learn how to drive it to get the best out of it but to be honest it's perfect for what I need. Need and want aren't always the same thing though
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Im only into my 1.2 for a few weeks, but I haven't noticed any problems in my about locality driving.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.