Footwell ambient lighting

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Jon, that is not a bad idea (for non DIY people), simple to install and use but it depends how often you use it and the length of the Battery life. It would have been good for us as Duracell were Part of our Co. until they were sold to Warren Buffet - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

G'day Duncho, I am going to install led lighting in my new QQ when it arrives downunder at the end of April.would you mind sending some or any photos of how you located the correct wires to connect the leds ? I am not using WI-FI setup , just normal on-off with the doors. Thanks , Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="sydswan"]
G'day Duncho, I am going to install led lighting in my new QQ when it arrives downunder at the end of April.would you mind sending some or any photos of how you located the correct wires to connect the leds ? I am notA using WI-FI setup , just normal on-off with the doors. Thanks , PeterA [/QUOTE]

Hi Peter,
Do you want to have 2 ambient lights or 1 only (by means that 1 is always ON whenever car ignition is switched ON and the other when any of the doors is open)?duncho2015-04-10 12:55:49
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Hi Duncho, when the doors are open. The under dash and under door lights come on and go off when the doors are closed. Thanks, Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
duncho

Post by duncho »

Peter, it's easy, but takes some time to do it. you can take a power from one of the courtesy lights, which each of them has 3 wires. Unfortunately wiring doesn't go through door sills but under the roof headlining, therefore you need to take the juice right from there. wiring it directly from BCM (behind glove box) is more time consuming and risky if you patch it to incorrect wire. As I mentioned, there are 3 wires on each of the courtesy light to which you can connect your LED ambient lights. I suggest to protect this with 2-5A fuse.
duncho2015-04-10 15:18:00

eveles
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by eveles »

duncho wrote: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:25 am I would use 10cm long strip so that light is nice evenly spreaded on the floor. Try to connect 2 LED strips in series so that each is powered with 6V only. It should not be bright and will last longer as it won't heat up. Powering it from glovebox lamp is a good idea.
duncho wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:15 pm Peter, it's easy, but takes some time to do it. you can take a power from one of the courtesy lights, which each of them has 3 wires. Unfortunately wiring doesn't go through door sills but under the roof headlining, therefore you need to take the juice right from there. wiring it directly from BCM (behind glove box) is more time consuming and risky if you patch it to incorrect wire. As I mentioned, there are 3 wires on each of the courtesy light to which you can connect your LED ambient lights. I suggest to protect this with 2-5A fuse.
duncho2015-04-10 15:18:00
duncho wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:53 pm
Hi Peter,
Do you want to have 2 ambient lights or 1 only (by means that 1 is always ON whenever car ignition is switched ON and the other when any of the doors is open)?duncho2015-04-10 12:55:49
It is clear that everyone that has joined the subject and installed the footwell lights only opted for the "door open-close lighting method"
only duncho installed also the "while driving" lighting too.

I would like some help on this matter as i am trying to install both lighting methods just like duncho, but i have some questions.
duncho said above that there are 3 wires on each of the courtesy light to which you can connect your LED ambient lights, but should i connect my led rgb controller with all 3 wires of the cars courtesy light at the same time? the led rgb controller has only 2 inputs (V+ and V-)
in the other thread on this forum viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1279&sid=f06ab412a ... c&start=60
it seems that in order to power up the rgb contoller there are 2 available plugs (M54 and M14) and both have two ways to connect it... but all have something in common... they illuminate when the doors are opened.
So if i want duncho's effect then i must connect my single color led strip, rather than the multicolor (actually the rgb led controller) to one of these (M54 or M14) plugs.
Ok so far.
Now i need to power on the rgb led controller... in the quotes above it is said to be a good idea to use the glove box light cable. will this cable power the rgb led controler and so the rgb strip when the headlights are on and at he same time when the ignition is on???
If not, is there any other plug where i can find power for the rgb led strip alternatively?
If yes then i wonder, with the headlights on and the ignition on and the rgb led strip on and the single color led strip on, when i open the door, will the rgb strip shut down and the single color strip illuminate? As seen in duncho's youtube video?
I dont think so, i think that if the above criteria are met, and i open the door, the single color strip will illuminate but the rgb strip will also stay illuminated.
maybe we need to install a relay or something???
maybe duncho could shed some light!! :D :D

Thanks and sorry for the long post...
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes correct, RGB strip is always on, but it is OK, because you need anyhow dim its intensity, otherwise it will be disturbing while you are driving. WW LED strip has full power of power supply and therefore it is very bright and completely overkills dimmed RGB strip light ;)

Don't worry, just connect it to M54 or inner room light and you are good to go :) I think I posted details in my youtube video description.

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

As I understood you didn’t managed to find the M54 connector. As you cas see in my Youtube video it is quite high up. Even with the glove box removed as you suggested. I wouldn’t botter. The R14, the connector of the three map lights in the front is way much easier to access.

As you understood you will need two seperate LED strips for your project. Both connected to + (violet) and the ground each to only one of the other cables. The one that remains lightened to black ground and the one that only lightens when the courtesy lights are on to the red ground.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
DD41

Post by DD41 »

Footwell lighting on the new QQ11b is an optional extra even on Tekna & Tekna+. :roll:
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Then you certainly should do it yourself! It only costed me €15,- ;)
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS