Strange Fault - Red Warning Light

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Lee1988

Post by Lee1988 »

Hi guys, I own a 2011 Qashqai N-Tec on a 61 plate, owned it for about 7 months now and love if. Had a few issues recently though.
It always seems to be on a cold morning but I get a red warning light on the dash, not every day, sometimes not for a week or so, there's nothing wrong with the car, no noises, drives as it should, pulls and stops fine. So with the red engine management light on, after about ten minutes of driving both traction control lights come on, one to say the traction control is turned off and te other to say the wheels are spinning but they aren't.
Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? I've seen a few similar problems but never seen anyone day what the problem was, is it just the cold and damp getting to a sensor? Any suggestions? I do have the extended warranty with the car but haven't had chance to take it in yet, I also like going in knowing what I'm dealing with etc

Thanks in advance

Sorry for poor pic quality, passenger leant across for it

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Sounds like this from the "other" qq forum.http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/esp-off- ... e1.htmlsee the post by "shandy"
Nissan no more...
Lee1988

Post by Lee1988 »

I did see that one when I was having a Google for similar faults, with it being 4-5 years ago I'd hope mine had been done, I will give them a call and check though.
Anyone know of any more recent ones?
BatterBits

Post by BatterBits »

I wonder if it means you're driving Upside-down?
Regards,

Ian
--
1.5dCi Tekna in Ink blue fitted with Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit